*** 2019 Game 7 "Expert" Picks: Nebraska at Minnesota ***

Saunders

4 hours ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

I might go back and watch last years game tonite.  What impact newcomers does minny have this year? Or they pretty much the same guys?

Mostly a year older, some back from injury. This is a team that started freshmen at eight of the 11 positions on offense in the bowl game against Georgia Tech.

Antoine Winfield back from injury at safety, Rodney Smith and Shannon Brooks back from injury at running back.

2 hours ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

Another game that won't feel as great to win as beating a big name team, but a game that must be won if they want to make it to a bowl game and continue thinking about Indy. 

I think a win brings us one step closer to a bowl game.  I hate to say it, but a loss looks much worse for our future than a win does for our future.  Gotta get this one.  Tough game, on the road, in bad weather against a team looking for some payback from last year.  

On 10/10/2019 at 9:21 PM, Jack Burton said:

Minny escaped in their first 4 games vs FCS SDSU, Fresno, Georgia Southern, and Purdue. All 1 score games. Finally got some separation last week vs Illinois.

Purdue and Illinois both played with their backup Qbs. They might face another backup QB this week. Not a big believer in Minnesota, I think NW has a better team. NW has played light years better competition. 

Good points, but we're making teams like this look like Super Bowl contenders with our 'Lucy and Ethel in the chocolate factory' play.

Today is a great chance for the Huskers and Frost to show that they are really progressing. Minnesota have not played any good teams yet they did what was needed to be 5-0. If we beat them today at their own backyard, it will show that this team believes they can be a good football team. If we show up and start committing stupid ill-timed Penalties and start turning over the game, it will be hard to show true progress.

• Fire 1