Indiana Week Pressers

Red Five

54 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Bootle said today was one of the best practices of the year. 

I can't wait for all the keyboard warriors to blow that out of proportion <_<

Boy, I don't like the sounds of that. Didn't they have their best Monday and Wednesday practices ever prior to the Minny game?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

And the Colorado game, and the ________ (insert game here)...same old rhetoric it sounds like

Yep. Actually these pronouncements mean absolutely nothing to me anymore. It's probably my fault they ever did. Fool me once, shame on you. But fool me eight times.....

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yep. Actually these pronouncements mean absolutely nothing to me anymore. It's probably my fault they ever did. Fool me once, shame on you. But fool me eight times.....

This time it was from a player, which as far as I can remember is new. But yeah, hopefully the staff realizes even if it was the best practice of the year there is no point in saying that in a pre-game presser. I don't necessarily disbelieve them, but when we go out and lay an egg it definitely casts some doubt on those statements.

4 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

This time it was from a player, which as far as I can remember is new. But yeah, hopefully the staff realizes even if it was the best practice of the year there is no point in saying that in a pre-game presser. I don't necessarily disbelieve them, but when we go out and lay an egg it definitely casts some doubt on those statements.

Yeah, what I really don't like about it is not so much the uselessness of the information but it makes me seriously question if the coaches understand what they're seeing or what is required to play in a big boy conference. I'm confident they'll get there but I just don't know how long it will be.

• Plus1 1

With Maurice Washington on indefinite hiatus, it's time to look at the RBs on the depth chart...and is it me, or are our running backs on that depth chart, save for Mills, about 20 pounds and 3-5" off what we need for B1G play?

Also, is this going to be like the first part of last season (and much of the Riley era) where we're constantly pounding a square peg (Mills) through a round hole (boundary/stretch/finesse running plays) and wondering why the everliving f*** we're not getting any production? Or will the plays match the personnel we have on hand?

Finally...I'm concerned we're not seeing much change in the OL. Really hope they spent the BYE week shoring up against mental miscues and improving technique...or it's gonna be a long December.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Would people rather have them say that they had a terrible practice and didn't accomplish/fix anything? :dunno

We could be pleasantly surprised when they played well then! As mad as fans would get at the lack of information, a generic "it was a good practice, we got better today" would manage expectations better.

• Plus1 1

What's going on with Washington? 

His playing time is down, but he started the season looking explosive. Except when they keep him running into the middle on 3rd and 1 or 2. He shouldn't be asked to make those yards, with what we have seen from the o-line, that's Mills spot. 

I know Frost's hands are tied in what he can call, with what the o-line can do. Might be Washington is just banged up and frustrated.

GBR!!!

8 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

What's going on with Washington? 

His playing time is down, but he started the season looking explosive. Except when they keep him running into the middle on 3rd and 1 or 2. He shouldn't be asked to make those yards, with what we have seen from the o-line, that's Mills spot. 

I know Frost's hands are tied in what he can call, with what the o-line can do. Might be Washington is just banged up and frustrated.

GBR!!!

He's currently off the team. Not technically kicked out of school or anything, but in Frost's words not a part of our plans at the moment.