Jovan DeWitt's Replacement

9 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Not really. The most successful coaches bring in ideas from everywhere. Notably, Saban, James Franklin,  and Coach O take lots of outside influence. 

And, so has Frost over his coaching career.  But, if they believe someone they know and are comfortable with is a good coach, they will use them.

Frost (and many other people) believe Dawson is a very good coach and recruiter.  So, that's why he is back here.

Joseph was long gone before Frost ever got to Lincoln.  He went after him even though there's a good chance they don't know each other very well.

On 1/7/2020 at 6:14 AM, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree a ST coach would be helpful especially in the BIG where defenses are strong and field position is everything.

On another note, what exaxtly is Troy Walters doing as it feels like Frost runs the offense. Perhaps Walters can double up on a other offensive position which would allow a dedicated ST coach. Or if he wants to be a head coach someday and grow his defensive acumen he could take on a second position there which I know is unorthodox, but hey, we need to be thinking outside the box in this program.

I just had premonitions a week too early...lol. Seriously I am glad to see some staff shakeup and I hope we see more if things do not dramatically improve in Year 3.

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I just had premonitions a week too early...lol. Seriously I am glad to see some staff shakeup and I hope we see more if things do not dramatically improve in Year 3.

Yeah, because frequent staff shakeups have done this program so much good over the past 20 years.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2