** 2020 Opponent Previews : Penn State (Game 4) **

Saunders

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I thought this was their prime time spot and I thought OSU was the reason why our game against them was such a big draw for viewers.

I am not sure what game big FOX is televising at the 12 noon Eastern time slot, because that is their big national time slot.  Wisconsin at Michigan was selected by ESPN/ABC for a night game that week.  I haven't seen all of the other game time announcements.  Maybe they are going to show USC at Arizona for the 9 AM Pacific kickoff, which the PAC-12 is allowing for a few games this year.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am not sure what game big FOX is televising at the 12 noon Eastern time slot, because that is their big national time slot.  Wisconsin at Michigan was selected by ESPN/ABC for a night game that week.  I haven't seen all of the other game time announcements.  Maybe they are going to show USC at Arizona for the 9 AM Pacific kickoff, which the PAC-12 is allowing for a few games this year.

Arizona St at USC is the Big Noon game on FOX this week

• Plus1 1

Penn State's offense looked really bad in the first half against Ohio State. Specifically, their offensive line. Our line played better against OSU than they did in that game - yes, I really mean that.

In the second half they had one big play where their QB miraculously got loose as the pocket collapsed and threw deep for a big gain. I know you could play this "if/then" game all day and it's not really how football works, but if you took out that play and their gift of a bogus field goal at the end of the first half they would have only probably had 15 points on the board.

And if I'm not mistaken, OSU actually missed two field goals. That game was not nearly as close as the score made it look IMO.

Now their defense? Fast and physical. Zero doubts there. We'll probably have a pretty hard time moving the ball on them.

• Plus1 4

4 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Maybe with the election over fans will be allowed. 

Biden and Harris are talking to a crowd right now. 

Sure—have Moos tear down South Stadium and allow folks to drive up and watch. Honking the horn in third down will help the blue hairs make noise at least. 

Penn State has waaaaaay more athletes than Northwestern does. They're faster, and their offense is capable of throwing the ball.

For us to hold the loss to under 10 points would really surprise me at this point.

Going to predict that Adrian starts. We'll have trouble doing anything on offense in the first quarter, get behind early like usual, and then really get embarrassed by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

• Plus1 1