The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

She said she wouldnt get a vaccine that Trump told her to take. So I guess she only meant one that he made in his basement and delivered to her. How does she think vaccines get approved for public use? The president? No she doesnt know that she knew exactly what she was saying. I watched the interviews I watched the debates etc. It was blatantly obvious they were doing everything they could to discredit the vaccines to take points away from Trump. We really cant all agree with that? Really? 

Well, I don't agree with that take. Harris was definitely playing politics, but it was clear she meant she wouldn't take something just because Trump said it was safe. Remember this wasn't long after Trump promoted HCQ without clinical evidence and "joked" about disinfectants.

But even if she did mean it the way that you're suggesting, why does that translate to not taking the vaccine now? Why wouldn't you encourage people to take it to spite Harris for being a dumbass?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

She said she wouldnt get a vaccine that Trump told her to take. So I guess she only meant one that he made in his basement and delivered to her. How does she think vaccines get approved for public use? The president? No she knew exactly what she was saying. I watched the interviews I watched the debates etc. It was blatantly obvious they were doing everything they could to discredit the vaccines to take points away from Trump. We really cant all agree with that? Really? 

To some, it is only obvious when they see "the other side" doing it, but tend to turn a blind eye when the exact same behavior is demonstrated by "their side."

And yes, preemptively, I know that both Rs and Ds are guilty of it...

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Well, I don't agree with that take. Harris was definitely playing politics, but it was clear she meant she wouldn't take something just because Trump said it was safe. Remember this wasn't long after Trump promoted HCQ without clinical evidence and "joked" about disinfectants.

But even if she did mean it the way that you're suggesting, why does that translate to not taking the vaccine now? Why wouldn't you encourage people to take it to spite Harris for being a dumbass?

It is a messaging issue which has been an issue through this entire pandemic from our federal government on both sides of the aisle. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

To some, it is only obvious when they see "the other side" doing it, but tend to turn a blind eye when the exact same behavior is demonstrated by "their side."

both sides consistently do it. In this instance from both sides of the aisle including Fauci etc. you ended up with flip flopping over and over and over again and a large portion of the populace has lost all trust in these opinions from all sides. 

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

The problem is people can't separate health care from politics. I work in health care, when someone asks me about the vaccine, I tell them the same thing, "talk to your doctor". Pretend you are getting advice on a shoulder injury or a rash or fatigue. You'd go talk to a doctor. If Biden or Trump affected your decision on putting a rx cream on your ball rash, you'd be a weirdo. 

• Plus1 5
17 minutes ago, commando said:

do i understand this correctly?   the republicans are not taking the vaccine because kamala told them not to?  i didn't know she had that much sway over them.

I know people that are R, D and Independent that arent getting the vaccine. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

it's the republicans who are saying that they are not taking it because of something kamala said....at least that is what the right wingers are claiming

6 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Link?

She said she wouldnt take a vaccine if Donald Trump told her to take it and then said she would take a vaccine if health officials said it was ok. She played politics and could have simply said if a vaccine is approved by the FDA to take for covid I will be first in line end of answer. Both sides love to chop up quotes and statements to manipulate what was said. It happened with Trump and "good people on both sides" and it happens on other issues like this with this administration. Each side just wants gotcha points to spin their agenda. Again if the message about vaccines was less about Trump and more about FDA approval this wouldnt even be a discussion. They sowed seeds of doubt in the vaccine as a way to try to take points from Trump. I am not sure how we cannot all agree with that? 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, commando said:

it's the republicans who are saying that they are not taking it because of something kamala said....at least that is what the right wingers are claiming

I would say that people arent taking it because of overall terrible messaging from the federal government and health officials at that level. It couldnt have come from a lab in china. oh wait! dont wear a mask it wont help, wait do wear a mask, wear two masks etc. Mixing politics and health has been a flop in regards to proper messaging. 

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

So you've said...numerous times 

The beautiful part is im not on either side....so which side am I referencing :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Anecdotally that may be true, but it's pretty clearly split along party lines. County by county based on the last election, to be specific.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I would say that people arent taking it because of overall terrible messaging from the federal government and health officials at that level. It couldnt have come from a lab in china. oh wait! dont wear a mask it wont help, wait do wear a mask, wear two masks etc. Mixing politics and health has been a flop in regards to proper messaging. 

fauci said masks would probably help...but we needed all we had for the front line workers so no mask mandate for the public at first.   the right wing propaganda has spun that to no need to wear masks at all.:dunno

• Plus1 2