The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

He’s saying pretty much the same thing @knapplcsaid about Omicron when it first came to light that it wasn’t as serious as Delta.  He also said people will still die from this and we still need to protect the vulnerable.  Sooo:dunno

I must have missed this.  Where did @knapplc talk about how we shouldn't' be pushing to get more people vaccinated?

And these people think they are going to be able to test millions of American workers weekly.  I had an employee check for at home tests yesterday and she called many places from central Nebraska all the way to Lincoln and couldn't find any.

#clusterf*)k

https://twitter.com/morningmika/status/1478777499098222598?s=20

This tweet was deleted.  But, it showed a very long line claiming that if you want tested in the DC area, you wait for hours standing out in the cold.

25 minutes ago, admo said:

Kung Flu... 

I'll see myself out

That is still funny!

41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And these people think they are going to be able to test millions of American workers weekly.  I had an employee check for at home tests yesterday and she called many places from central Nebraska all the way to Lincoln and couldn't find any.

#clusterf*)k

https://twitter.com/morningmika/status/1478777499098222598?s=20

This tweet was deleted.  But, it showed a very long line claiming that if you want tested in the DC area, you wait for hours standing out in the cold.

I know there are school districts that will not accept the results of a home test.

What do you guys do at your work?  Are home tests okay?

• Oh Yeah! 1
16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That is still funny!

I know there are school districts that will not accept the results of a home test.

What do you guys do at your work?  Are home tests okay?

For the stupid f#&%ing OSHA mandate, they can use an at home test, but it has to be witnessed by someone.  So, they can use teledoc, pharmacist, or someone designated here at work.....etc.

So far, we require a test from a clinic for them to stay home and quarantine.  We require them to quarantine for the designated amount of time, but they don't have to have a negative test then to come back to work unless they are still showing symptoms.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Listen to the last part of the video.

Ya I did now twice and Rand specifically says newborns (they aren’t eligible) and “the kids” which I would take to mean under 12 but take the true meaning and say under 18.   The vaccination rate for under twelve is like 15-20% so the majority of parents including me are on the wait and see on the vaccine for Covid.

He nowhere mentioned we shouldn’t push to get unvaccinated adults who haven’t had Covid to get vaccinated.  Pretty important distinction you gloss over for some reason. 

• Plus1 2

So, looking at South Africa.  It looks like their Omicron wave lasted about a month.  The current wave in the US started around December 22nd.  So, if it goes roughly the same, it should be back down around January 22nd.  Their peak was roughly 8-10 days after the wave started.  In the US, it appears that we have a peak at about 8-10 days which is right now.  It will be interesting to see now if it drops off as fast as South Africa's did.

• Plus1 1