The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

12 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Just so we're all clear, "Flurona" isn't a real thing. This is wildly, incomprehensibly irresponsible of a news organization. It's two separate illnesses. 

Yes, this has been bothering me a bit too.  The headlines on these articles would indicate it's some kind of novel pathogen.  Par for the course, I guess.

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

Coulda been knee surgery.  Or an ear infection.  What are you trying to say?

If they went in because they thought they had the flu, well that’s pretty close to COVID. If it was a scheduled surgery then they were asymptomatic. I am wondering if a lot more people have Omicron than the number of cases show. It seems like a very high %.

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, nic said:

If they went in because they thought they had the flu, well that’s pretty close to COVID. If it was a scheduled surgery then they were asymptomatic. I am wondering if a lot more people have Omicron than the number of cases show. It seems like a very high %.

I missed it in the article or thread then - were they going in for flu?

And I agree the numbers reported are exceptionally low vs what we know is true infection #s.  Waste water reports have shown this in most cities (or at least I know it is in Boston) and especially with break through numbers with Omicron there are a TON of folks that are asymptomatic but have it (and are sharing it with others).  Not to mention the number of at home tests that are done incorrectly or not at all because they are difficult to find.  AND they aren't 100% valid - so year I'd expect that number to actually be higher.

• Thanks 1