Jump to content
knapplc

The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Recommended Posts

Just now, knapplc said:

 

What?

I was just having a little fun is all. It's probably as dumb as most of the re-branding and re-naming of products I read about.

 

Serious question though. I would be curious what your response would be to this. I am not saying this is what is going on- but it could be. I dont rule out all possibilities. 

 

Say it is now mid november and the election is over. Let's just say Biden wins. Then let's say at that point a new narrative comes out that hey HCQ due to new testing has shown promise. So they start utilizing it to suppress COVID. Then say it works great and the world goes back to normal. At that point would you be willing to admit it was political- or would you say. "well that is science- they have new data now". Just curious if you would be totally in denial or if you have a level head.

Share this post


Link to post

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

Say it is now mid november and the election is over. Let's just say Biden wins. Then let's say at that point a new narrative comes out that hey HCQ due to new testing has shown promise. So they start utilizing it to suppress COVID. Then say it works great and the world goes back to normal. At that point would you be willing to admit it was political- or would you say. "well that is science- they have new data now". Just curious if you would be totally in denial or if you have a level head.

 

You cannot be serious with this kind of question.

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, knapplc said:

 

You cannot be serious with this kind of question.

You just answered it. You are just blinded by politics so no point in talking. I just saw a post of Facebook of a lady who used the cocktail and 2 days later she felt pretty good. Frontline drs results don’t matter to you, because you can’t admit it because that would give trump a win in your mind. But it’s not a political win, it’s about helping people.

 

The doctors are using it as a cocktail not all by itself. Do you have any studies that show this cocktail doesn’t work to contradict frontline drs or do you just believe it doesn’t work because one of the cocktail drugs happens to be chloroquine? 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

You just answered it. You are just blinded by politics so no point in talking. I just saw a post of Facebook of a lady who used the cocktail and 2 days later she felt pretty good. Frontline drs results don’t matter to you, because you can’t admit it because that would give trump a win in your mind. But it’s not a political win, it’s about helping people.

No, it's a stupid hypothetical. If new science comes out we'll be all behind it. Just like dietary cholesterol isn't bad for you, and low fat diets aren't any better than any other diet for losing weight.

 

These frontline workers are still anecdotal evidence. You know nothing of the severity of these patients and how their outcomes compare to patients with similar symptoms. For all we know they could have gotten better at the same pace without HC. That's why you need large studies with controls to be able to draw informed conclusions. Just because a handful of people got better after taking HC doesn't really mean anything. Million of people have gotten better without taking HC.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

 

Say it is now mid november and the election is over. Let's just say Biden wins. Then let's say at that point a new narrative comes out that hey HCQ due to new testing has shown promise. So they start utilizing it to suppress COVID. Then say it works great and the world goes back to normal. At that point would you be willing to admit it was political- or would you say. "well that is science- they have new data now". Just curious if you would be totally in denial or if you have a level head.

And lets say doctors also make a breakthrough and find that COVID 19 is caused by demon sperm spreading through rampant sex with demons. Will you reconsider having or not having demon sex with this new information coming to light? 

  • Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I just saw a post of Facebook

 

If it's on Facebook, it's gotta be true.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I was just having a little fun is all. It's probably as dumb as most of the re-branding and re-naming of products I read about.

 

Serious question though. I would be curious what your response would be to this. I am not saying this is what is going on- but it could be. I dont rule out all possibilities. 

 

Say it is now mid november and the election is over. Let's just say Biden wins. Then let's say at that point a new narrative comes out that hey HCQ due to new testing has shown promise. So they start utilizing it to suppress COVID. Then say it works great and the world goes back to normal. At that point would you be willing to admit it was political- or would you say. "well that is science- they have new data now". Just curious if you would be totally in denial or if you have a level head.

 

 

It has nothing to do with politics. You don’t start prescribing a drug to people in mass who aren’t already in serious condition before you have tested it. If you then find out it works and the positives outweigh the negatives you start prescribing it. Trump is not a scientist. He’s dumber than your average layman. Going off of his recommendation for treatment or any other politician’s before testing the treatment on smaller groups would be moronic.

 

You’re definitely not the one with a level head if you think we should try it now before adequate testing on smaller groups has been done. I’m in favor of them trying to speed along trials but not testing it would be asinine. 

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, knapplc said:

 

If it's on Facebook, it's gotta be true.

 

 

I saw a post on Facebook today of a meme that had the part of the pledge of allegience on it that says “In God we trust” and on the meme it said “FB deleted this! Repost it!”

 

Man are people stupid. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ZRod said:

No, it's a stupid hypothetical. If new science comes out we'll be all behind it. Just like dietary cholesterol isn't bad for you, and low fat diets aren't any better than any other diet for losing weight.

 

These frontline workers are still anecdotal evidence. You know nothing of the severity of these patients and how their outcomes compare to patients with similar symptoms. For all we know they could have gotten better at the same pace without HC. That's why you need large studies with controls to be able to draw informed conclusions.

This is happening real time, real people are sick. If your family member was sick would you ask for this cocktail or would you say I need to wait a few months for some controlled data? f#&% no you wouldn’t. My wife maybe dies or try this drug drs say works. 

 

If this cocktail that seems to be working didn’t contain something trump promoted some of you wouldn’t be so against it. You say maybe they would have gotten better without it- well maybe the virus would have spread regardless of mask usage. I guess we will never know 

 

Im sure some of you are in the anyone but trump crowd. Which means win at all costs too. I could care less who endorsed the damn drug- does it work. Actual field practice is working. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

 

 

I saw a post on Facebook today of a meme that had the part of the pledge of allegience on it that says “In God we trust” and on the meme it said “FB deleted this! Repost it!”

 

Man are people stupid. 

I see those every time I go on Facebook lol you see family in a different light on Facebook sometimes. Facebook isn't taking down any sort of post like that obviously 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

 

 

It has nothing to do with politics. You don’t start prescribing a drug to people in mass who aren’t already in serious condition before you have tested it. If you then find out it works and the positives outweigh the negatives you start prescribing it. Trump is not a scientist. He’s dumber than your average layman. Going off of his recommendation for treatment or any other politician’s before testing the treatment on smaller groups would be moronic.

 

You’re definitely not the one with a level head if you think we should try it now before adequate testing on smaller groups has been done. I’m in favor of them trying to speed along trials but not testing it would be asinine. 

Asinine to prescribe people medicine that has all been FDA approved for human consumption. You act like it’s some new medicine we don’t know anything about. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

 

Im sure some of you are in the anyone but trump crowd. Which means win at all costs too. I could care less who endorsed the damn drug- does it work. Actual field practice is working. 

Actual clinical trials says its ineffective for the most part 

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

Asinine to prescribe people medicine that has all been FDA approved for human consumption. You act like it’s some new medicine we don’t know anything about. 

You should see what the FDA says about its use for COVID

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post

Trump plan - don't test - it would hurt him politically - est when at the time the hot states were Blue states. He could then blame the governors of those states. 

 

 

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-scrapped-jared-kushner-covid-174006052.html

 

Quote

 

For months since the coronavirus pandemic reached the United States, the Trump administration’s ignorance and obvious lack of preparedness have been called into question. But a new investigation shows something even more sinister going on behind the scenes. According to new reporting by Vanity Fair, senior adviser Jared Kushner headed up a special task force that was focused on putting together a comprehensive national testing plan — something we still badly need, given that 155,000 people have died of the virus in the U.S. But the plan never saw the light of day, reportedly because members of the task force thought it wouldn’t help Trump with his reelection.

Sources said that Trump feared more testing would lead to higher case counts and bad publicity. Even worse, though, is that members of Kushner’s team expressed that the reigning sentiment was that coronavirus had hit blue states the hardest, therefore a national plan was not only unnecessary, but wouldn’t make sense for the Trump administration politically.

“The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” a source described as a “public health expert in frequent contact with the White House’s official coronavirus task force” told Vanity Fair.

And that’s exactly what Trump has done. In April, officials from the administration and Trump advisers told Politico that the president was purposefully pointing the finger at specific governors to blame the pandemic on their poor response in a bid to win in November. If he could critique the way blue states were handling the crisis, Trump thought he could distract from his own lack of proper response to the outbreak.

The original national response plan called for massive coordinated distribution of test kits across the country as well as standardized data mandates, and experts said that such a comprehensive plan could have put the country in a better position. But this was never about protecting people’s health for Trump — and always about vanity.

Concerned about looking tough and making a statement about how little he was worried about the virus in order to appeal to his base, the president also flip-flopped between being anti-mask and then all of a sudden going out in public wearing one. His refusal to wear a mask or to encourage others to do so put people’s lives in danger, and while it may have appealed to some of his supporters, that strategy now seems to be backfiring, too.

Now, President Trump is losing his grip as cases surge all across the country, not just in blue states. Red states like Arizona are seeing serious upticks in cases, and many Republican governors have continued to make mask mandates as the pandemic surges. And so, we are now seeing red states turning away from Trump as well. As he lags behind former VP Joe Biden in the polls and falls behind in fundraising, it looks like his strategy hasn’t worked out so well.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Say it is now mid november and the election is over. Let's just say Biden wins. Then let's say at that point a new narrative comes out that hey HCQ due to new testing has shown promise. So they start utilizing it to suppress COVID. Then say it works great and the world goes back to normal. At that point would you be willing to admit it was political- or would you say. "well that is science- they have new data now". Just curious if you would be totally in denial or if you have a level head.

This is a stupid hypothetical.

 

The issue is that Trump does his normal act of saying he's smarter than all the experts.  The experts are saying one thing and he's saying the other.  He has been promoting HCQ with absolutely zero scientific data to back it up and that's dangerous and stupid and political.

 

Now....in your idiotic hypothetical....you are then claiming the testing has been done and the experts then say it's safe and effective.  Agreeing with them is NOT political.  It's simply the fact they have done the research and have real data to back it up.

 

If this happens....it's simply nothing more than dumb luck on Trump's part that it turned out that way.

 

My guess is that we will have a vaccine at some point and other drugs will be found to be more effective against it than HCQ.

 

 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

You should see what the FDA says about its use for COVID

 

I already posted that. He responded with "but these doctors on videos say" which is a reference to the demon-sex doctor Trump was talking about the other day.  Then when he's challenged on that, he claims he doesn't have time to look up anything to show which doctors he was talking about.

 

Now he's on about some nonsense he found on Facebook. Because apparently he has time to be on Facebook but not to look up which doctors he was referencing a while ago.

 

What a time to be alive.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...