The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

My boss has been out sick with a fever the past 2 days. I met with her on Tuesday. 

:stirStart stirring up your pot of herbs, spices and vitamin c   --  to keep it away.

Seriously, hope it doesn't touch you Moiraine.

Senegal is handling coronavirus better than the United States.

SENEGAL.

I know, as products of the American education system, you all know where Senegal is, but just in case, here it is on a map:

6fVRKy6.png

THAT country, on the butt end of Africa, is doing a better job with COVID-19 than we are. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, my daughter is in her last semester at UNL for undergrad.  They just sent a notice out that classes are canceled next week and then when they come back from spring break, everything will be on line.  She texted me, "I'm sitting in class and feel like I should say goodbye to everyone".

This whole thing is so frustrating.  I feel so sorry for her.

My wife's students are student teaching, but K-12 schools are all shutting down in Ohio next week. Student teachers will not have enough hours in the field to get certified. Another student was going to complete her requirements with a study-abroad trip in Italy this summer, now canceled. All of these students will likely need to take an extra semester of school just to complete requirements, throwing off their entire career trajectory. 

Pence got part of it right - the President has been irresponsible and talked irresponsibly.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pence-says-theres-irresponsible-rhetoric-114342263.html

Vice President Mike Pence said Thursday that there has been “irresponsible rhetoric” from people who have downplayed the seriousness of the U.S. coronavirus outbreak.

In an interview on the “TODAY” show, Savannah Guthrie asked what message Pence sends to people who aren’t afraid of the coronavirus and think it’s just politics and hype, quoting from President Donald Trump who said on Monday that the “fake news media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything to inflame the coronavirus situation.”

“There's been some irresponsible rhetoric, but the American people should know President Trump has no higher priority than the health and safety and well being of the people of this country,” Pence said in response but it was not clear who he was referring to.

Pence, the head of the president’s coronavirus task force, said the administration would focus on communities that have experienced community spread of the virus and said Trump’s action on Wednesday night, suspending travel from Europe to the U.S., is “one more example of how he’s putting the health of America first.”