The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

That article has a rather dubious timeline since the vast majority of it is articles by reporters and not scientific papers or evidence uncovered by reporters. There's been a call by prominent scientists for a more thorough investigation, which is interesting for sure.

Of note is that it took 15 years for scientists to find the bats that original SARS came from: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01541-z

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

That article has a rather dubious timeline since the vast majority of it is articles by reporters and not scientific papers or evidence uncovered by reporters. There's been a call by prominent scientists for a more thorough investigation, which is interesting for sure.

Of note is that it took 15 years for scientists to find the bats that original SARS came from: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01541-z

The author also didn’t seem to include all of his own immediate dismissal of the WIV origin theory.  Kessler has been pretty much a journalistic clown as of late. 

• Plus1 1

45 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No one is shocked by this, it might make a few people feel embarrassed and just draw a new line in the sand but that is about it.  

Hopefully a little bit of media introspection and embarrassment will get them off their behinds so they start putting maybe 1/10 the effort into this story as they do many other less important stories. 

• Plus1 2
42 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Hopefully a little bit of media introspection and embarrassment will get them off their behinds so they start putting maybe 1/10 the effort into this story as they do many other less important stories. 

I mean, I don't think it was created as a bio-weapon, like some people do, but I think it is also very safe to say that China f#&%ed this up, big time.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean, I don't think it was created as a bio-weapon, like some people do, but I think it is also very safe to say that China f#&%ed this up, big time.

Agree, it wouldn’t shock me that is was just an accident during research and those infected at the lab started the community transmission.  It’s definitely possible they were doing gain of function research at the time though.  

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Agree, it wouldn’t shock me that is was just an accident during research and those infected at the lab started the community transmission.  It’s definitely possible they were doing gain of function research at the time though.  

Until proven otherwise, I’d say China bears responsibility for this whole thing.  Never trust China, Russia or North Korea. There’s others too, but those are my top three.  

• Plus1 4