The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes, random violence agianst asian people across the country has sky rocketed.

You are correct.  Who’s to blame?  Trump? The Chinese government? The individuals committing the violence?  Societal prejudices?  All of the above?

I don’t think just simply blaming the Chinese government for their initial poor response and subsequent lack of transparency or cooperation is the problem.  The evidence warrants it, IMO. But that’s no excuse to commit violence, which is the problem.   Bad people do bad things.  

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

You are correct.  Who’s to blame?  Trump? The Chinese government? The individuals committing the violence?  Societal prejudices?  All of the above?

I don’t think just simply blaming the Chinese government for their initial poor response and subsequent lack of transparency or cooperation is the problem.  The evidence warrants it, IMO. But that’s no excuse to commit violence, which is the problem.   Bad people do bad things.  

If that's what you took from my post, then you mis understood.

If you have well thought out responses and facts to back it up....like the government's lack of transparency and cooperation....fine.  

Too often I just hear...."It's the Chinese fault".  Well, that then gets interpreted by idiots to think that all Chinese people are at fault.  Those same idiots then think they are going to save the world by beating up on a "Chinese" person walking down the street.

I bet you that there's maybe about a billion people in China that don't like their government's response either....that's even if they are being told anywhere close to what the rest of the world knows.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If that's what you took from my post, then you mis understood.

If you have well thought out responses and facts to back it up....like the government's lack of transparency and cooperation....fine.  

Too often I just hear...."It's the Chinese fault".  Well, that then gets interpreted by idiots to think that all Chinese people are at fault.  Those same idiots then think they are going to save the world by beating up on a "Chinese" person walking down the street.

I bet you that there's maybe about a billion people in China that don't like their government's response either....that's even if they are being told anywhere close to what the rest of the world knows.

The Chinese government’s lack of transparency cooperation has been widely reported.  As far as the Asian violence goes, it’s terrible, but I’m blaming the “idiots” you are referring to and also, in some cases, media outlets who perpetuate their hateful delusions.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

https://scitechdaily.com/new-research-shows-face-masks-effectively-limit-covid-19-transmission/amp/

"Most environments and contacts are under virus-limited conditions, where face masks, including simple surgical masks, have a high efficacy in preventing the spread of COVID-19,” explains Yafang Cheng, the head of a Minerva Research Group at the MPIC. “Our study provides a detailed and novel mechanistic understanding of population-average mask efficacy, which explains why regions with a higher percentage of the population wearing masks have better control of the pandemic.”

Science challenged, anti-vax cop dies from Covid.  He'd be alive today if he wasn't gaslit by weird internet disinformation. Literally died in that hill of all places :wacko:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.denverpost.com/2021/05/27/denver-deputy-dies-covid/amp/

"On April 26 he reposted a TikTok video of a man, who identified himself as a former Marine, who said people should not take a COVID-19 vaccination because the long-term side effects were unknown. Trujillo commented, “I’ll get it later on after y’all start growing apendages (sic) out of y’all’s foreheads.”

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Science challenged, anti-vax cop dies from Covid.  He'd be alive today if he wasn't gaslit by weird internet disinformation. Literally died in that hill of all places :wacko:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.denverpost.com/2021/05/27/denver-deputy-dies-covid/amp/

"On April 26 he reposted a TikTok video of a man, who identified himself as a former Marine, who said people should not take a COVID-19 vaccination because the long-term side effects were unknown. Trujillo commented, “I’ll get it later on after y’all start growing apendages (sic) out of y’all’s foreheads.”

Quick research shows he: was anti-mask, was anti-vaccine, denied a COVID vaccine, served a 60 day suspension for beating an inmate with nunchucks, and posted white supremacy linked content on social media...

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Weird that the state of Florida gave her this status then. Huh..

That's worth a closer look.

The National Review is famously partisan, but they do practice real journalism and I'm not seeing any of their facts contested. 

• Plus1 2

I'm not sure this is constitutional but pfffttt, who cares about that? To me it seems like a good idea.  Government interference into how a business operates all while ensuring the spread of Covid continues.

Signed,

Grim Reaper 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I'm not sure this is constitutional but pfffttt, who cares about that? To me it seems like a good idea.  Government interference into how a business operates all while ensuring the spread of Covid continues.

Signed,

Grim Reaper 

Yeah....I thought Republicans were all for getting government out of telling businesses what to do. 

Guess not.  

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah....I thought Republicans were all for getting government out of telling businesses what to do. 

Guess not.  

It’s a mind numbing move. Norwegian is already working to avoid porting in Florida over this stuff.  Might see a lot more cruises taking off from Puerto Rico or New Orleans this year as a result.  Can’t imagine businesses in Miami, Tampa, Ft Lauderdale are going to be too thrilled if that happens. 

• Plus1 3