The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

15 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Until proven otherwise, I’d say China bears responsibility for this whole thing.  Never trust China, Russia or North Korea. There’s others too, but those are my top three.  

Assuming the findings are accurate, China deserves all the blame for this.  I don't think it was done on purpose but they clearly seem to have f#&%ed up and clearly seemed to do a crappy job cleaning up their mess.

22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Assuming the findings are accurate, China deserves all the blame for this.  I don't think it was done on purpose but they clearly seem to have f#&%ed up and clearly seemed to do a crappy job cleaning up their mess.

Putting a city of millions on a lockdown quarantine at gunpoint is a pretty huge sign of f#&%uppery. 

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

They've been trying to figure out why some high density third wold countries have had far fewer COVID infections and fatalities than first world countries with less density and better sanitation and healthcare. One plausible theory is that these countries have been subjected to less visible epidemics within the SARS family over the years, and those left a marker that helped immune systems fight COVID.  This would seem to support that. 

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Well even the previous theory where China allows people to buy and eat live bats at massive wet markets would put the blame on China. 

I don't recall any media simply parroting what the Chinese government says. They can't be trusted. In fact, the U.S. used to have a pandemic team on the ground in China for that very reason. A recent President disbanded them. 

But if you really dig into it, you'll find every epidemiologist in the world assuring us that global pandemics are inevitable, and something mutating out of the SARS family was highly likely. 

It will be interesting to see where this story goes, as it f#&%s up narratives all over the place. 

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Until proven otherwise, I’d say China bears responsibility for this whole thing.  Never trust China, Russia or North Korea. There’s others too, but those are my top three.  

Skepticism is healthy. Placing blame without proof is somewhere between illogical and insane conspiracy even if China and others aren't trustworthy.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Skepticism is healthy. Placing blame without proof is somewhere between illogical and insane conspiracy even if China and others aren't trustworthy.

China has been far less than transparent or cooperative with international investigations in this matter.  Until better proof comes to light, that’s enough proof for me.  It screams of a cover-up.  

• Plus1 2
50 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

China has been far less than transparent or cooperative with international investigations in this matter.  Until better proof comes to light, that’s enough proof for me.  It screams of a cover-up.  

No proof is enough proof for you? Seems ridiculous but hey, you can have any opinion you want. I prefer to remain extremely skeptical of China's claims but not jump to conclusions and blame them without evidence.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Yes, and the worst part is when so many people think they are taking it out on China by beating up an old lady that is of Asian decent....even though she was born here.

That is where the biggest problem lies with just blatantly blaming "China" with no logical facts around it.

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

No proof is enough proof for you? Seems ridiculous but hey, you can have any opinion you want. I prefer to remain extremely skeptical of China's claims but not jump to conclusions and blame them without evidence.

Evidence would have been a better word for me to use instead of “proof.”

15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes, and the worst part is when so many people think they are taking it out on China by beating up an old lady that is of Asian decent....even though she was born here.

That is where the biggest problem lies with just blatantly blaming "China" with no logical facts around it.

I get what you’re saying, but did this type of violence occur more than once?  

For an ordinary person, What’s wrong with blaming China’s government and NOT choosing to beat up old asian ladies?

The violence part is what’s wrong.   

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I get what you’re saying, but did this type of violence occur more than once?  

For an ordinary person, What’s wrong with blaming China’s government and NOT choosing to beat up old asian ladies?

The violence part is what’s wrong.   

Yes, random violence agianst asian people across the country has sky rocketed.

• Plus1 1