The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Sure the India/USA comparison is not apples to apples but remember when the Dakotas thought they'd never have a problem?  What happened next?

Did the leadership in the Dakotas actually say they would never have a problem.  I missed those statements.  Or did they say there wouldn’t be a mask mandate statewide? 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Jason Sitoke said:

You’re supposed to realize that there’s likely not a simple answer to the question, and that India is a big dense place with many different regions and practices. I linked an article too, that was just as assuming and oversimplified, but that was dismissed in favor of another article with general statements from a virologist. 

Googling ‘India doesn’t mask, right?’ And linking the first result is not research 

Why are you accusing Scarlet of confirmation bias? I found one of the same articles when searching India mask usage 2021. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Jason Sitoke said:

You’re supposed to realize that there’s likely not a simple answer to the question, and that India is a big dense place with many different regions and practices. I linked an article too, that was just as assuming and oversimplified, but that was dismissed in favor of another article with general statements from a virologist. 

Googling ‘India doesn’t mask, right?’ And linking the first result is not research 

You're having a large helping if logic fail.  If my point was over your head I can't help you.  I was asked a question.  I answered it.  Would a dissertation been better for you?  Your googling wasn't really research either btw.  

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

You're having a large helping if logic fail.  If my point was over your head I can't help you.  I was asked a question.  I answered it.  Would a dissertation been better for you?  Your googling wasn't really research either btw.  

Don’t need a dissertation.  Just was curious what your reasoning is behind some of your hot takes. Personally, I think you’re generally on the right side of things...but your method of arrival often seems unsound/sloppy. 

• Plus1 1