The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

8 hours ago, RedDenver said:

You should reread the article to linked and see it's just a clickbait headline. Hawaii has some of the lowest case numbers and rates in the country and is absolutely no where near what Florida and Louisiana are experiencing. From your link:

Louisiana: 5468 average new cases per day, test positivity rate 16.5% (link)

Florida: 22,783 new COVID-19 cases on Friday

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article253312323.html

But sure, no need to compare Hawaii to other states for context.

All this time and you STILL don’t understand the point of the article.  

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

In which again The Redster inserts a comment that is not relevant and makes no sense.   

Hawaii is unlike any other state in the union.   The entire point of the post was to show that even with pretty strong mitigation measures, Covid is finding a way to spread.  

But those here still gotta get their ‘feel good gotta bash Florida because I don’t know what else to talk about’ hits in.  

LOL....yeah...the conversation in the thread was about how bad Florida is.  Then, you post an article about Hawaii.....and you expect nobody to compare the two.

:laughpound

Sure seems like an attempt to discredit the Florida conversation by you that didn't turn out the way you wanted.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

My wife is a nurse and she says there are quite a few nurses in her unit unvaccinated.  Maybe 25%.

She said the most common defense is still COVID isn’t really that big of deal and was drummed up so Biden could win the election.  Now they think it’s getting renewed attention because Biden is failing and needs something to control people.  These are also nurses that think masks are pointless in schools while they have worn them for years if they have a cold at work.

So they think the folks in the hospital are faking it? If your not in health and haven’t been touched by COVID, maybe, but it seems like seeing is believing. Are these nurses younger? My sister was a nurse and over time seeing people die seemed to affect her less and less.

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

My wife is a nurse and she says there are quite a few nurses in her unit unvaccinated.  Maybe 25%.

She said the most common defense is still COVID isn’t really that big of deal and was drummed up so Biden could win the election.  Now they think it’s getting renewed attention because Biden is failing and needs something to control people.  These are also nurses that think masks are pointless in schools while they have worn them for years if they have a cold at work.

so they are not getting the vaccine for political reasons.    the right wing media and politicians lead them to believe that covid is not a big deal.   600,000+ dead americans isn't serious enough or them.   

35 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

LOL....yeah...the conversation in the thread was about how bad Florida is.  Then, you post an article about Hawaii.....and you expect nobody to compare the two.

:laughpound

Sure seems like an attempt to discredit the Florida conversation by you that didn't turn out the way you wanted.  

The conversation is about the plague, as the title shows. I guess I didn’t realize there was a new rule saying only posts about Florida were allowed.  

if you all weren’t so wrapped up in trying to discredit everything I post and clowning yourselves, you would realize the article is just getting across how transmissible Delta is even in a highly vaccinated and well mitigated State like Hawaii.  

Yet the takeaway from you all is ‘but Florida is worse’. 

Florida is not in a good place and hopefully things turn around.  it’s ok to discuss other things Covid related.  The US is bigger than just Florida. 

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The conversation is about the plague, as the title shows. I guess I didn’t realize there was a new rule saying only posts about Florida were allowed.  

if you all weren’t so wrapped up in trying to discredit everything I post and clowning yourselves, you would realize the article is just getting across how transmissible Delta is even in a highly vaccinated and well mitigated State like Hawaii.  

Yet the takeaway from you all is ‘but Florida is worse’. 

Florida is not in a good place and hopefully things turn around.  it’s ok to discuss other things Covid related.  The US is bigger than just Florida. 

i took a different view after reading the article.  it really pointed out how effective the vaccine is at preventing serious illness and death. 

• Plus1 4

8 minutes ago, commando said:

i took a different view after reading the article.  it really pointed out how effective the vaccine is at preventing serious illness and death. 

That was one of my views too along with transmissibility even with pretty strict mitigation.  Alpha wasn’t doing that. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, commando said:

so they are not getting the vaccine for political reasons.    the right wing media and politicians lead them to believe that covid is not a big deal.   600,000+ dead americans isn't serious enough or them.   

Well, there are legitimate reasons for nurses not getting vaccinated. Allegedly. It was a few pages back maybe?