The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

22 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Well, there are legitimate reasons for nurses not getting vaccinated. Allegedly. It was a few pages back maybe?

read the post i quoted and see that those nurses were not getting the shot because covid was only a big deal because it was made a big deal to get Biden elected.    

4 minutes ago, commando said:

read the post i quoted and see that those nurses were not getting the shot because covid was only a big deal because it was made a big deal to get Biden elected.    

It's only human, but we tend not to believe things until they happen to us. 

We're losing the battle for both facts and empathy. It's sad. 

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yet another moron that doesn't know how vaccines work:

Cambridge education, so not likely a "moron". And, is from and lives in the UK, so not likely because of his US GOP affiliation. Probably not because he follows and believes the QAnon segment of the Republican party...so how would you explain his outlook?

Just now, DevoHusker said:

Cambridge education, so not likely a "moron". And, is from and lives in the UK, so not likely because of his US GOP affiliation. Probably not because he follows and believes the QAnon segment of the Republican party...so how would you explain his outlook?

the far right isn't solely a US problem

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

The conversation is about the plague, as the title shows. I guess I didn’t realize there was a new rule saying only posts about Florida were allowed.  

if you all weren’t so wrapped up in trying to discredit everything I post and clowning yourselves, you would realize the article is just getting across how transmissible Delta is even in a highly vaccinated and well mitigated State like Hawaii.  

Yet the takeaway from you all is ‘but Florida is worse’. 

Florida is not in a good place and hopefully things turn around.  it’s ok to discuss other things Covid related.  The US is bigger than just Florida. 

You've been pretty consistent on your belief in vaccines and vaccinations. I won't question you on that.

At the same time, you have a history of gleefully undermining people who support mask-wearing and vaccinations. And you voted for a guy who turns every issue into a Red State vs. Blue State referendum. So yeah, one could see Hawaii as an attempt at deflection that misses the larger point you claim to be making. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I've always known people who have an inflated belief in their own bodies, lifestyles, and disciplines, and who disdain not only the weakness in others, but their quickness to blame their weaknesses on someone or something else. 

"If I haven't seen it, it doesn't exist" isn't necessarily a political leaning, but it's getting that way. 

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, commando said:

the far right isn't solely a US problem

I am certainly well aware of that. 

But, reading what some of you post here, the GOP is the root of ALL evil. Just wanted to point out that other places deal with the same stuff and they don't blame the GOP as standard operating procedure... 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Cambridge education, so not likely a "moron".

High education level is not indication that someone isn't a moron.

Just now, DevoHusker said:

But, reading what some of you post here, the GOP is the root of ALL evil.

It might seem that way.  But, I don't think that's actually true.

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

There have always been morons - regardless of political affiliation or nationality. And IMO he is a moron as he failed at perhaps the primary purpose of intelligent thinking - survival. He even explained his wrong thinking.

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I am certainly well aware of that. 

But, reading what some of you post here, the GOP is the root of ALL evil. Just wanted to point out that other places deal with the same stuff and they don't blame the GOP as standard operating procedure... 

i have suported the GOP my whole life...until the far right faction took over.    i now reluctantly vote democrat and hope the more sane portion of the GOP gets control again.    i may disagree with the dems on points....but i strongly disagree with the Far right and their desire for a far right state

• Thanks 3
1 minute ago, commando said:

i have suported the GOP my whole life...until the far right faction took over.    i now reluctantly vote democrat and hope the more sane portion of the GOP gets control again.    i may disagree with the dems on points....but i strongly disagree with the Far right and their desire for a far right state

Maybe that's true. But, it certainly doesn't come across that way. If you (not just you) could try to separate the FarRight/GQP faction with your denouncements, that would be a step in the right direction...but you (not just you) don't. It is "GOP this, and Conservatives that", all in a way to belittle those of us who have been conservative for a lifetime, but are not beholden to Trump and his band of sycophants making headlines now.

10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

There have always been morons - regardless of political affiliation or nationality. And IMO he is a moron as he failed at perhaps the primary purpose of intelligent thinking - survival. He even explained his wrong thinking.

Fair enough.

And as to the rest of my post?

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Maybe that's true. But, it certainly doesn't come across that way. If you (not just you) could try to separate the FarRight/GQP faction with your denouncements, that would be a step in the right direction...but you (not just you) don't. It is "GOP this, and Conservatives that", all in a way to belittle those of us who have been conservative for a lifetime, but are not beholden to Trump and his band of sycophants making headlines now.

i do try to always say the far right rather than republican.   if i don't always say that it might because the current state of the repubican party is pretty full of far right heros and i might slip republican in sometimes.    i have stated in these threads somewhere that i could support sasse for president....but i have trouble supporting desantis and his conservative warrior approach to politics and his blatant disregard for any attempts to slow the spread of covid in florida.