The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Here's a study on previous covid infection vs vaccine immunity:

TL;DR

Vaccine more effective than previous covid infection.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7044e1.htm

What is already known about this topic?

Previous infection with SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19 vaccination can provide immunity and protection against subsequent SARS-CoV-2 infection and illness.

What is added by this report?

Among COVID-19–like illness hospitalizations among adults aged ≥18 years whose previous infection or vaccination occurred 90–179 days earlier, the adjusted odds of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 among unvaccinated adults with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection were 5.49-fold higher than the odds among fully vaccinated recipients of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine who had no previous documented infection (95% confidence interval = 2.75–10.99).

• Plus1 1

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

It looks like we are barely big enough to make this mandate.  Like most places I guess, we are probably somewhere around 80% vaccinated.  I wonder if this will be the next wave that of stuff that effects the economy?  

Just now, Crusader Husker said:

It looks like we are barely big enough to make this mandate.  Like most places I guess, we are probably somewhere around 80% vaccinated.  I wonder if this will be the next wave that of stuff that effects the economy?  

I could see dozens of my employees going down the street and taking a job at a place with fewer than 50 employees.  That would severely hurt my company and it has nothing to do with anything us as managers have done.

I'm pissed right now.

My only hope is that this is tied up in the courts for a very long time.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Does this impact your place or are you under the 100 workers?

Yes, we are over 100 employees.

• Plus1 1

Just one example of how this is a total f#&%ing s#!t show that we have not had answers to yet.

We are required to have vaccination cards on file for everyone along with weekly test results for anyone not vaccinated.  If you are not vaccinated, you are required to wear a mask.  If OSHA comes in and finds people without masks and unvaccinated, it's a $14,000 fine for each person.

Here's the kicker, I'm being told that we can't tell supervisors who is vaccinated and who isn't.  So, how are they supposed to police this?  Or, to cover our a$$, do we have everyone wear masks no matter what?  Which.....in a production facility where people are working physically totally sucks.

Oh....and you know what?  Our production is set up so mostly people are social distanced.  But, that doesn't matter.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just one example of how this is a total f#&%ing s#!t show that we have not had answers to yet.

We are required to have vaccination cards on file for everyone along with weekly test results for anyone not vaccinated.  If you are not vaccinated, you are required to wear a mask.  If OSHA comes in and finds people without masks and unvaccinated, it's a $14,000 fine for each person.

Here's the kicker, I'm being told that we can't tell supervisors who is vaccinated and who isn't.  So, how are they supposed to police this?  Or, to cover our a$$, do we have everyone wear masks no matter what?  Which.....in a production facility where people are working physically totally sucks.

Oh....and you know what?  Our production is set up so mostly people are social distanced.  But, that doesn't matter.

Just hand out free shirts

A Biden shirt and a Trump shirt.

Then you will know who is vaxxed and who is not.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1