The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, it finally happened.  I tested positive yesterday. I just thought I had a bad cold for a couple days. No temperature, still have taste and smell….etc.  but, I have a bad cough, stuffed up head, Body aches. 

Still thought it was just a cold but we were supposed to fly to Mexico next week so just wanted to rule out COVID and so went and got tested. So…..no Mexico and I’m quarantined for 10 days. 

This sucks. 

Sorry man, hope you feel better soon.  Have known 4 people in my friend circle who have gotten COVID in recent weeks.  Colorado is seeing an uptick, and the Governor has approved booster shots for the entire population (not just special conditions).  I want to get my vaccine booster, but many of the online appointments still have restrictions on their settings.

• Plus1 2

On 11/10/2021 at 5:49 AM, RedDenver said:

It's extreme but this is also an extreme once-in-a-century pandemic. I agree with BRB that this made sense 3-6 months ago during the delta surge but doesn't really make sense anymore. It would make more sense to have this mandate take effect when a local region ran out of hospital beds or something along those lines, where the severity of the disease met the severity of this mandate.

The first is a very good point. We haven't experienced anything like this in our lifetimes, although we're  not that far removed from the Influenza Pandemic of 1918 that killed a significant portion of the global population. Other countries have experienced pandemics in our lifetime, and had more extreme measures at the ready.

Americans just want to know when someone is going to fix this or declare it over, but as epidemiologists point out, it's always been the coronavirus calling the shots. 

The correlation between vaccinations and deaths should be pretty clear, and the speed in getting a successful vaccine should be celebrated. That's where we do have some control. If we could have assurance that the people demanding the freedom to remain un-vaxxed and un-masked posed no threat to workplaces, public spaces, and healthcare capacity, I guess we could move on without mandates. But that just doesn't seem to be the case. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Side question, if it weren’t for your Mexico trip would you have gotten tested?  Or thought it might just be a bad cold?  

ive had some head congestion sore throat a few times but never tested since I was fully vaxxed.  Sickness went away and thought nothing of it, but always wonder if way more vaxxed people get Covid and just not test because it didn’t amount to a severe issue. 

I think I would have because it kept getting worse. Last night really sucked with body aches.  I think I would have woke up today and gone to the doctor. 

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Naaa….my wife is stopping by Tractor Supply for some ivermectin. 

seriously, I’m starting to feel better. 

You should've been drinking your bleach cocktail and sticking that UV flashlight up your butt! 

Feel better! :D 

• Haha 1

In new excerpts of transcribed interviews, Dr. Nancy Messonnier, the former director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said she was made aware that then-President Donald Trump was angered by a February 25, 2020, briefing during which she warned the public about the dangers of the coronavirus. Messonnier says in the transcript she had calls with former CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield and former US Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar after the briefing, and that she was "upset" after her conversation with Azar.

In the transcripts, other CDC officials described how requests to hold briefings about mask guidance and pediatric Covid-19 cases and deaths were denied. When asked about a CNN report that CDC officials felt "muzzled," Dr. Anne Schuchat, CDC's former principal deputy director, said, "That is the feeling that we had, many of us had."

• Thanks 3
On 11/12/2021 at 3:00 PM, nic said:

Wait until December 8th. ...although most of those folks are going to make companies fire them.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/12/economy/job-openings-quits-september/index.html

And then wait until just around Christmas when those same folks find out they won't be getting Unemployment after getting separated for refusing to vax.

Wrapping their own lump of coal all nice and pretty with a bow.

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

And then wait until just around Christmas when those same folks find out they won't be getting Unemployment after getting separated for refusing to vax.

Wrapping their own lump of coal all nice and pretty with a bow.

I am just stating what am hearing and am concerned about another economic hit. Someone may flinch in this game of chicken, but time is running out. I don't wish them ill.

• Plus1 2