Dem VP choice

VP Choice  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After Super Tuesday this may be clearly a 2 man race for the Dem Nomination - esp after we had 3 drop out since the SC primary. 

If Biden is the nominee - who do you want as VP?

If it ends up being Sanders - who do you want as a VP?

and Why

I voted other.  I say Val Demings would be the best choice for VP, regardless of who is on top of the ticket.  She balances both.   She's strong in criminal justice, her strategies helped lower crime rates while she was Chief of Police in Orlando.   History of social work before law enforcement.   From Florida, which IMO, helps Florida become a blue state.   She was one of impeachment managers, and I feel did really well there.   And it doesn't hurt that she's a minority female.   There's already a lot of chirping that it's two white old men to vote for, this will help battle that.    And I do believe that she (or whomever the VP is) will eventually end up President.  I think with both Bernie and Joe, there is already enough hints of questionable health that 4 years of high stress will not do them well.

58 minutes ago, sho said:

I voted other.  I say Val Demings would be the best choice for VP, regardless of who is on top of the ticket.  She balances both.   She's strong in criminal justice, her strategies helped lower crime rates while she was Chief of Police in Orlando.   History of social work before law enforcement.   From Florida, which IMO, helps Florida become a blue state.   She was one of impeachment managers, and I feel did really well there.   And it doesn't hurt that she's a minority female.   There's already a lot of chirping that it's two white old men to vote for, this will help battle that.    And I do believe that she (or whomever the VP is) will eventually end up President.  I think with both Bernie and Joe, there is already enough hints of questionable health that 4 years of high stress will not do them well.

Good option  & thoughts about this. I've added Val to each.  

I think Abrams with Biden (or Kamala) - it was no secret he held meetings with Stacy prior to announcing his candidacy adn there was talk at the time that he would blow up the typical POTUS announcement and do POTUS/VPOTUS announcement right away..    Klobacher gets him more of the same as far as "midwestern sensibility".  Newsome is a white man, Sherrod Brown has no interest (and is a white man, and is more of the midwestern like Klobacher)  Etc  And I think he incorporates almost all the other folks who have run on the Dem side into his admin.(Klobacher or Kamala AG, Beto Gun Control, Warren Financial, Booker Housing, Pete VA or UN Ambassador)

Bernie - who knows, but I don't think it will be any of the people you listed.  It will be a sleeper - he needs a midwestern or west coast or southern rep to compliment his liberal east coast personality.

Either way, with either candidate their nominee for VP will be a woman.  And I think likely a woman of color.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

Either way, with either candidate their nominee for VP will be a woman.  And I think likely a woman of color.

I'm beginning to agree with this.  I think @sho mentioning of Val Demings is an insightful recommendation.   Florida barely went for Trump last time and I think she could tip the scales that way.  The fact that she was an important part of the impeachment process as a manager will send a strong message and also a reminder of trump's corruptness.  

Here is her opinion piece in the local paper  after the impeachment trial

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/guest-commentary/os-op-val-demings-why-we-impeached-trump-20200303-664d7b3u5bdedbnpvgqri24q5q-story.html

32 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I'm beginning to agree with this.  I think @sho mentioning of Val Demings is an insightful recommendation.   Florida barely went for Trump last time and I think she could tip the scales that way.  The fact that she was an important part of the impeachment process as a manager will send a strong message and also a reminder of trump's corruptness.  

Here is her opinion piece in the local paper  after the impeachment trial

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/opinion/guest-commentary/os-op-val-demings-why-we-impeached-trump-20200303-664d7b3u5bdedbnpvgqri24q5q-story.html

I truly believe Sanders would be a hard sell in FL. His comments about Castro will be used in the worst faith by the GOP but it will be enough to repel the significant Cuban population there. I know others feel FL might flip due to felons recently receiving the right to vote there but IMO that's going to make it very hard for Bernie to be competitive there. He should probably just focus on the Rust Belt. Biden on the other hand could put FL in play and thus she probably is a better fit for him than Bernie.

I think she'd be a really bad choice but I could see Bernie picking Gabbard.

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

I truly believe Sanders would be a hard sell in FL. His comments about Castro will be used in the worst faith by the GOP but it will be enough to repel the significant Cuban population there. I know others feel FL might flip due to felons recently receiving the right to vote there but IMO that's going to make it very hard for Bernie to be competitive there. He should probably just focus on the Rust Belt. Biden on the other hand could put FL in play and thus she probably is a better fit for him than Bernie.

The Jewish population in FL, which is usually a bankable Dem vote also don't like him.

2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Come on...Castro has done some really good things!

Like...keeping them stuck in the 1950's

19 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

So many of them talk s#!t about bernie being to extreme I'm not sure who he would pick if he won the nomination. 

Is Castro still alive?

• Haha 1