The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, teachercd said:

Maybe Nikki is going to stay in the race and in the end just run as some sort of "Independent Republican" taking votes away from Trump and making this a$$ kicking an even bigger a$$ kicking?  

Any other year you'd tell the losing candidates to drop out, it's over. But there remain 9 long months and multiple trials for a 77 year old Donald Trump who is going more senile and filter-less with each appearance and tweet. 

It's not the worst strategy for Republicans to remain Republicans and just hang around in case things implode. 

• TBH 1

8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Any other year you'd tell the losing candidates to drop out, it's over. But there remain 9 long months and multiple trials for a 77 year old Donald Trump who is going more senile and filter-less with each appearance and tweet. 

It's not the worst strategy for Republicans to remain Republicans and just hang around in case things implode. 

You know what, this is a really good point.  I did not really think of it like that but you are right, why not just hang around and see.  Keep your name out there.

8 minutes ago, commando said:

didn't you see his superbowl ad?

I did not or if I did I do not remember it now.  

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, commando said:

didn't you see his superbowl ad?

The next day RFK Jr. apologized for the ad, claiming it was done by a PAC without his permission. Kinda hard to believe, Bobby. It was strange but potentially brilliant to just recycle a nostalgic JFK spot from 1960. While I've been busy ignoring him, apparently his numbers have soared to genuine spoiler levels. 

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=2802dad21c2aa82f&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS1064US1065&sxsrf=ACQVn0-tWgbaZrsTkgID1ESE8Z8xla02yA:1709145094465&q=RFK+super+bowl+ad&tbm=vid&source=lnms&prmd=nivsbmtz&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjlmebR1c6EAxXo6ckDHQ39D3kQ0pQJegQIChAB&biw=1307&bih=675&dpr=2#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:cb0b40af,vid:Sk73BxOq_Ss,st:0

• TBH 2

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

And today you don't really need to "spend" as much IF you know how to get to your audience.  

I think Haley stays in.  

RFK I have no idea.  I never see him at all on anything but it sure seems like he is staying in.  

I'm for whatever hurts Trump's chances the most. 

• Plus1 1

If only a third of the Haley voters keep their word and don't vote for Trump that's roughly 95,000 votes which fully offsets the Hamas Bros burning it all down because, of course, Trump would be a better option. :facepalm:

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

So far, Biden is hurt more than Trump when RFK Jr is included in the poll. 

Yes, I know.  Biden has enough issues getting in the way - including now the uncommitted voters that showed up in force in Michigan.   Maybe if Haley stays in and runs as an independent she might draw some border line trump voters her way - those who will hold their nose voting for trump but who will never vote for a Dem. 

In some ways I wouldn't be surprised if she ran as a 3rd party - it may free her of the overly MAGA crowd that is dominating the primaries.  Don't know if she can get enough GOP, Indep, Dem voters, who are tired of having the same 2 old men in the GE, to win outright.  I think she is proud of the fact that in her previous elections she has been the underdog.  Maybe she thinks she can do it by convincing enough voters that America needs something other than 2 grump old men to vote for :dunno.  But if that were to happen, doubtful as it may be,  it would be a huge game changer and make the parties less important. 

• TBH 1

13 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

RFK Jr will certainly get his share of crazies to vote for him. Flat earthers, anti-science, basically the village idiots.

Good one, lol. If given fair ballot access,  I would say a lot more than that.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/27/politics/rfk-pac-signatures-ballot-arizona-georgia/index.html

Edited by DevoHusker
added link
1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

If only a third of the Haley voters keep their word and don't vote for Trump that's roughly 95,000 votes which fully offsets the Hamas Bros burning it all down because, of course, Trump would be a better option. :facepalm:

Shocker, what I have been saying all along. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
6 hours ago, Gage County said:

Crazy crazy, 100,000 Undecided Dem votes yesterday. Biden pulled 700,000. That's 1 in 8. The 'Abandon Biden' voters aren't switching, they're staying home.

in 2020 Biden got 2.8M votes and beat Trump by 150,000. Had 1 in 8 stayed home, Trump would have won by 500,000. If 1 in 18 had stayed home it would have been a dead heat.

Michgan Dems in the House have for years covered and supported Rep Rashida Tlaib. My Rep, Debbie Dingell went to the House floor and proclaimed antisemitic tropes have different meanings to different people when Tlaib used "From the river to the sea" in her tweets. 2 weeks ago Tlaib was the only one not to vote to commend Hamas rapes. The Dems have extended her every grace and now she stands to defeat Biden.

So Biden and Gov Gretchen Whitmer have their work cut out for them. The State Repubs are very weak so that makes the job easier.

It was also literally the nicest day ever in February for Michigan and most people probably didn't want to spend part of it in a voting booth

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election