The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

More from the paradigm of democratic principles. 

Casting doubt on the validity of our elections with zero proof, threatening to jail political opponents, lobbying the Supreme Court for complete and total immunity so that any action even those that "go over the line" can't be prosecuted, commiting to pardon those who violently interfered with the peaceful transfer of power, and saluting an alternative national anthem sung by the same insurrectionists while they were in prison. 

But he doesn't really mean his continual assault on democracy. It's all about the context. 

42 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, it's kinda taken out of context, but the biggest difference I can see is Trump declaring a bloodbath if he isn't elected, and Trump declaring a bloodbath if he is elected. 

I mean, when he gets beat in November he is going to be ALL OVER the place b!^@hing about a rigged election.  Hopefully that dies down quickly though.

16 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

So your natural instinct to get even with the evil leftist hypocrites is to rush to the defense of the fascist a$$h@!e. Got it.

So because Trump is a wannabe fascist piece of s#!t you rush to the defense of misinformation? Got it.

14 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Anybody else care to explain to me how that a$$h@!e is the victim here? I'd really love it explained in greater detail.

I really didn't think the "Donald J. Trump, perpetual victim" movement needed more steam, but it chugs along.

Come on man. You're arguing against ghosts.

• Fire 1
7 hours ago, Scarlet said:

More from the paradigm of democratic principles. 

Casting doubt on the validity of our elections with zero proof, threatening to jail political opponents, lobbying the Supreme Court for complete and total immunity so that any action even those that "go over the line" can't be prosecuted, commiting to pardon those who violently interfered with the peaceful transfer of power, and saluting an alternative national anthem sung by the same insurrectionists while they were in prison. 

But he doesn't really mean his continual assault on democracy. It's all about the context. 

Why doesn't Trump treat the J6 hostages the same as he treats POWs? I.e. with disdain, because they sucked enough to get caught.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

So because Trump is a wannabe fascist piece of s#!t you rush to the defense of misinformation? Got it.

Come on man. You're arguing against ghosts.

I believe the online feedback really isn't as much...or due to Trump for a good percentage...it's because of the hypocrisy. 

• Plus1 1
On 3/11/2024 at 8:41 PM, TGHusker said:

Goodbye GOP it was nice knowing you.  Trump has to cut anyone who might expose illegal activities such as transferring RNC cash to Trump and his legal team. Trump will milk the GOP and get what he can out of it and leave it in ruins. 

Time for Liz, Hogan and Romney to start a new party 

This is on page 260….

The election is still 7.5 months away…

I guess the thread title nailed it!!!

• TBH 1
12 hours ago, funhusker said:

This is on page 260….

The election is still 7.5 months away…

I guess the thread title nailed it!!!

Exactly.   And one should be retired and drinking a cold one on the beautiful Delaware beach and the other should be in jail:facepalm:

I long for the day when there are 2 equally qualified candidates in both parties who had to fight there way through the primaries against other qualified candidates and it comes down to a coin flip.  One would think 2028 would be that year, but the GOP, or TBP (Trump Branded Party) will nominate trump2.0.  So we are probably a decade or 2 from having good candidates on both sides again. 

• Plus1 1

Then sell your assets if you don't have the cash on hand. 

That's what any of the rest of us would have to do if we lost a judgment like this. You don't get special treatment because you claim to be a billionaire.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Then sell your assets if you don't have the cash on hand. 

That's what any of the rest of us would have to do if we lost a judgment like this. You don't get special treatment because you claim to be a billionaire.

It's important to point out that Trump had alienated a huge swath of banks, lawyers, and investors long before his Presidency. His reputation for dishonesty and non-payment was not a political hit job, it's just who he is and always has been. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's important to point out that Trump had alienated a huge swath of banks, lawyers, and investors long before his Presidency. His reputation for dishonesty and non-payment was not a political hit job, it's just who he is and always has been. 

Correct, which is why he went overseas to Deutsche Bank, and why I suspect after that relationship soured he had to go further east and seek Russian money. Which is why he's in bed with Putin (no pun intended). 

Update:

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Correct, which is why he went overseas to Deutsche Bank, and why I suspect after that relationship soured he had to go further east and seek Russian money. Which is why he's in bed with Putin (no pun intended). 

Update:

I am dumb but, what is the bond for?

Don't you just pay the fine and/or start selling stuff?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

In the rape case he had to post the judgment amount plus interest so he could appeal the ruling. So I think you have to put up the full amount if you plan to appeal.

Of course in that case he just went right back to defaming her so he willfully jumped right back into legal peril, again.

Some folks are just slow learners.

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The bond is to get immediate cash to pay the fine. It will take some time to sell any assets, since necessarily they will have to be quite large (like a golf resort) to cover that kind of fine.

It's understandable that a billionaire wouldn't have that kind of liquid cash on hand. That would all be invested, in his case likely in property.

The interesting question is how much of the assets that bear his name are actually owned by him, and how much are just leased or borrowed. I'm guessing his "empire" is a house of cards propped up by paperwork rather than actual ownership. He's basically playing Three Card Monte with banks. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1