The Darkness

Just now, ZRod said:

I mean it's not mind blowing, but it's almost 100 years old and I'm sure you can appreciate how intricate all the tiles make it. You'll never see anything like that or the capitals interior again in our lifetime.

I do think if/when they tear down Pershing, they should figure out a way to preserve this mural. It's not my favorite, but I do recognize its place in art history.

Just now figured out what those lines look like - a cross-section of ant tunnels.

3 minutes ago, GSG said:

Fun fact: GSG played his only state basketball tournament game at Pershing 

1974 Lincoln Basketball Championship.  East vs. Northeast at Pershing. Nothing to do with the State Championship but Pershing is literally packed to the rafters, roughly 7,500 people. Incredibly close game won at the last second by East. Not sure I've been to a louder or more exciting sporting event since. 

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

1974 Lincoln Basketball Championship.  East vs. Northeast at Pershing. Nothing to do with the State Championship but Pershing is literally packed to the rafters, roughly 7,500 people. Incredibly close game won at the last second by East. Not sure I've been to a louder or more exciting sporting event since. 

I watched a kid break his leg at a Deftones show there once. During the concert, its the phenomenon where everyone is smashed together, the back continues to push forward and the barrier in front falls over. The people in the middle have no choice but to fall over, it's a very strange feeling. Kid near me tried to hold up the crowd and his lower leg snapped.

6 hours ago, runningblind said:

I watched a kid break his leg at a Deftones show there once. During the concert, its the phenomenon where everyone is smashed together, the back continues to push forward and the barrier in front falls over. The people in the middle have no choice but to fall over, it's a very strange feeling. Kid near me tried to hold up the crowd and his lower leg snapped.

Since this thread is now obviously Pershing Auditorium stories, in the early 80's I went to a REO Speedwagon / Molly Hatchet concert there. Hatchet was opening and I wanted to see them more than REO. We get in there early and are standing down front at the rail. I had helped smoke a fatty and I was getting a little cotton mouth so I took a drink of some girl's pop. Pretty sure it or the joint had some acid in it. IDK as I've never taken acid by choice. By the time Molly Hatchet came on stage I was not in a good way. All I remember is the bass player walking out and his head was blue and about 4' long. I started getting cold sweats and passed out. Some guy I didn't know from Broken Bow kept me from getting trampled. I came to just as Molly Hatchet finished their set. Decided I should move back and sit in some seats. I felt absolutely great and watched the complete REO show. Still upset almost 40 years later that I did not get to see Molly Hatchet perform.

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Since this thread is now obviously Pershing Auditorium stories, in the early 80's I went to a REO Speedwagon / Molly Hatchet concert there. Hatchet was opening and I wanted to see them more than REO. We get in there early and are standing down front at the rail. I had helped smoke a fatty and I was getting a little cotton mouth so I took a drink of some girl's pop. Pretty sure it or the joint had some acid in it. IDK as I've never taken acid by choice. By the time Molly Hatchet came on stage I was not in a good way. All I remember is the bass player walking out and his head was blue and about 4' long. I started getting cold sweats and passed out. Some guy I didn't know from Broken How kept me from getting trampled. I came to just as Molly Hatchet finished their set. Decided I should move back and sit in some seats. I felt absolutely great and watched the complete REO show. Still upset almost 40 years later that I did not get to see Molly Hatchet perform.

Know who was a huge Molly Hatchet fan at the time?

Nebraska Defensive Coordinator Monte Kiffin.

Not actually sure if that's true, but wanted to keep this thread in the Football Forum. 

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Since this thread is now obviously Pershing Auditorium stories, in the early 80's I went to a REO Speedwagon / Molly Hatchet concert there. Hatchet was opening and I wanted to see them more than REO. We get in there early and are standing down front at the rail. I had helped smoke a fatty and I was getting a little cotton mouth so I took a drink of some girl's pop. Pretty sure it or the joint had some acid in it. IDK as I've never taken acid by choice. By the time Molly Hatchet came on stage I was not in a good way. All I remember is the bass player walking out and his head was blue and about 4' long. I started getting cold sweats and passed out. Some guy I didn't know from Broken How kept me from getting trampled. I came to just as Molly Hatchet finished their set. Decided I should move back and sit in some seats. I felt absolutely great and watched the complete REO show. Still upset almost 40 years later that I did not get to see Molly Hatchet perform.

You were Flirtin' with Disaster.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, runningblind said:

Gross