Bob Woodward's Trump Book

30 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It occurred to me today that he could be a mole. So highly placed, so key to Trump's machine, that he can get everywhere, into everything.

And screw it all up in the process.

It's almost too perfect to be true. The dude has screwed up SO MUCH for Trump.

I mean, Javanka almost assuredly have personal political views that are more liberal than their father's (stated) positions, being a youngish couple from New York that love hanging out with the upper crust socialite class at swanky parties.

So theoretically Kush could be mucking stuff up on purpose because he disagrees with the views that Trump's voters have forced him to adopt.

Occam's Razor wins for me, though. It's astounding to the degree to which almost without fail, whatever Kushner is involved in blows up in his face. Even dating back to his pre-White House days.

It's alarming someone with such colossally poor judgment has the president's ear. Let alone spearheads stuff.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I mean, Javanka almost assuredly have personal political views that are more liberal than their father's (stated) positions, being a youngish couple from New York that love hanging out with the upper crust socialite class at swanky parties.

So theoretically Kush could be mucking stuff up on purpose because he disagrees with the views that Trump's voters have forced him to adopt.

Occam's Razor wins for me, though. It's astounding to the degree to which almost without fail, whatever Kushner is involved in blows up in his face. Even dating back to his pre-White House days.

It's alarming someone with such colossally poor judgment has the president's ear. Let alone spearheads stuff.

Well....when a blubbering idiot appoints people under him, they typically are actually worse than him. 

The sad reality is, this book and these revelations won't change much of anything. This won't sway anybody who has found a way to support Trump thus far. The brainwashed Trumpers will write it off as a non-event perpetrated by the lamestream media or China or the Dems or some deep state Q conspiracy. They're contentedly cocooned in their ignorance and have no desire to re-enter the real world. The best we can hope for is a Biden victory and that a 4 year reprieve from further daily misinformation will cause some of them to snap out of it.

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, Moiraine said:

How many times are we going to say stuff like this? They will do nothing of the sort. We will be lucky to be anything resembling a democracy 6 months from now, because they're cowards/immoral.

Oh I agree.  My statement was not with a belief that they will do anything - only to show the contrast between now and the GOP of Nixon's time. 

JFC. This just came across my timeline.

It's one thing to BS us about "not wanting to create a panic" and then hop on the Twitter machine to frantically communicate how your opposition wants to ravage the suburbs and destroy America or lie about voter fraud.

This the president bragging he got a murderous autocrat off the hook after he order an American butchered and disassembled. Because of money.

"Do you believe that he did it?" Woodward asked.

"No, he says that he didn't do it," Trump replied.

"I know, but do you really believe —" Woodward began before Trump cut him off.

"He says very strongly that he didn't do it. Bob, they spent $400 billion over a fairly short period of time," the president said. "And you know, they're in the Middle East. You know, they're big. Because of their religious monuments, you know, they have the real power. They have the oil, but they also have the great monuments for religion. You know that, right? For that religion."

What a f#&%ing loser.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

It's one thing to BS us about "not wanting to create a panic" and then hop on the Twitter machine to frantically communicate how your opposition wants to ravage the suburbs and destroy America or lie about voter fraud.

This the president bragging he got a murderous autocrat off the hook after he order an American butchered and disassembled. Because of money.

What a f#&%ing loser.

Yes - Law and Order President.   He uses the law to create order for his friends and he uses the law to create chaos for Americans.

Again, with Trump - everything is trans-action-al. There is no moral right or wrong.  It is all about that transaction -  throw out the scales of justice and use the money scales.   SA produces oil,  USA needs oil,  therefore tRump must protect the SA leader.    

Trump has proven on every level that he has NO Moral Authority to lead this nation.   He is morally bankrupt and he has morally bankrupted the GOP party and he must be defeated before he does more damage. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

What a f#&%ing loser.

Didn't the CIA say he ordered the hit? I love that Trump would rather just take his word for it. 

30 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Didn't the CIA say he ordered the hit? I love that Trump would rather just take his word for it. 

Yep. According to the story when asked about it he attempted a weak deflection about "But Iran..." until Woodward redirected him.

The CIA concluded a little over a month later that MBS had personally ordered Khashoggi's murder.

"The people at the Post are upset about the Khashoggi killing," Woodward told Trump on January 22, according to his book. "That is one of the most gruesome things. You yourself have said."

"Yeah, but Iran is killing 36 people a day, so —" Trump began, before Woodward redirected the conversation to Khashoggi's murder.

34 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Remember he took Putin's word for it also - that Russia didn't interfere in the 2016 election.

He took FatBoy's word that NK would suspend their nuclear ambitions. 

He took the side of Turkey's leader -Erdogan - when it came to roughing up protestors

He took the side of Russia and not our own intelligence

He took Putin's side by his silence on bounties on American troops.

Every time he stands of for the dictators and against the interest of Americans

2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

What a f#&%ing loser.

Ummm.... @Notre Dame Joe  Weren't you the one who asked me what dictators he has snuggled up with?

• Plus1 1