2020 Presidential Debates Round 1 - Game Thread

admo

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

@The Dude is wrong, as are you. Biden sounded smarter last night than Trump did in his 40s. That doesn't mean he sounds as sharp as he did 12 years ago but he was head and shoulders above the toddler he was debating.

Neither of them is as smart as I am, but I digress.

That made me giggle out loud, because I know you r smart.  chuckleshuffle

The other part is nonsense. Trump did not avoid questions.  As tough as they might be. On the other side, Biden repeatedly diverted answering the mod"s questions by channeling a rhythmic response with "first of all..." and went immediately into "here's the deal... this man...."

Play it again and rewatch it.  And listen to it.

I wished I learned more about Biden but he said nothing. He avoided, dodged and re-routed questions as a dem party politician.  

If you want a nice, uncle Mike Riley running the country, then Joe's your man. In a few years it might even start to look something like politicianing.  And we've seen those results already.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

A lot of people who think they're informed in this thread need to get off Facebook.

Ummm,  who does FB or twitter? And why?  Lol they all need to get off that dope.  

No offense bc you loooove embedding a liberal tweet into most everything, just for your agenda.  Is that not true?  

I never click on that brainwashing stuff lol. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

Normal aging =/= dementia

1 hour ago, commando said:

i think Joe baited trump into being that bat s#!t crazy raging lunatic last night.   maybe "dementia Joe" is really working out well.   trump thinks he is in control because joe has diminished capabilities....when really Joe is goading him into showing us how looney don the con really is.

No I think Trump would have sounded the same debating a stuffed Biden puppet.

Biden is suffering cognitive decline.  That's not just from Tucker Carlson, the sober ones report it as a dry matter of fact.  Dementia can only be diagnosed by a thorough examination.

Therefore Biden's strategy was solely to avoid an embarrassing mistake that would feed the senility narrative.  So he stayed mostly quiet and spoke careful sound bytes. 

I think Trump's bluster bomb was done to highlight that he's the high energy one and in the same shape as when he won in 2016.

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, admo said:

Ummm,  who does FB or twitter? And why?  Lol they all need to get off that dope.  

No offense bc you loooove embedding a liberal tweet into most everything, just for your agenda.  Is that not true?  

I never click on that brainwashing stuff lol. 

"Liberal" tweets are how trumpists define facts.

Go ahead. Fact check anything I post. Just don't use your grandma's Facebook posts, or any of the right-wing loser websites to do it.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, admo said:

The other part is nonsense. Trump did not avoid questions.  As tough as they might be. On the other side, Biden repeatedly diverted answering the mod"s questions by channeling a rhythmic response with "first of all..." and went immediately into "here's the deal... this man...."

I wished I learned more about Biden but he said nothing. He avoided, dodged and re-routed questions as a dem party politician.  

If you want a nice, uncle Mike Riley running the country, then Joe's your man. In a few years it might even start to look something like politicianing.  And we've seen those results already.

I'd say Joe Biden = a pre-scandal Joe Paterno.  He wins a lot but not the big one.  And he's the perfectly trimmed nice uncle,  until you read the reports of him lashing out at people.

Just now, knapplc said:

"Liberal" tweets are how trumpists define facts.

Go ahead. Fact check anything I post. Just don't use your grandma's Facebook posts, or any of the right-wing loser websites to do it.

@KnappIc that's some very selective justice.  This forum is  page after page of social media embeds and has been for months.  I only caved recently to save some time. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I think Trump's bluster bomb was done to highlight that he's the high energy one and in the same shape as when he won in 2016.

i've seen 5 year olds on sugar highs.  they are high energy also,  but i wouldn't want them running the country.  and trump swallowed the bait hook line and sinker when biden offered it.  joe is still playing that fish.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

@KnappIc that's some very selective justice.  This forum is  page after page of social media embeds and has been for months.  I only caved recently to save some time. 

Your translator needs work. This isn't even a relevant response to what I wrote, comrade.

• Plus1 1

53 minutes ago, admo said:

I'll take moderate status quo president every day of the week over someone who s#!ts daily on the 2 most important institutions that make up a free country. You and millions of others are not taking this s#!t seriously enough. It's like you think America is immune to going down a path away from democracy and/or other would be dictators in history announced what their plans were ahead of time. What more signals do you need? It is absolutely f#&%ing disgusting to have the leader of our country trashing our own democratic institutions for all the world to see and it's disgusting to me that people like you don't take it seriously. Who the f#&% cares if we get a nice president who keeps the status quo? What is so terrible about that? It's not my desire but it is infinitely better than what we have and will have if Trump stays in power.

I could add a list of 100 other things that make him garbage but won't waste our time.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 4
18 minutes ago, commando said:

i've seen 5 year olds on sugar highs.  they are high energy also,  but i wouldn't want them running the country.  and trump swallowed the bait hook line and sinker when biden offered it.  joe is still playing that fish.

I've seen 4 year olds being told what to say by adults until they repeat it.  And memorize  it because they can't think for themselves on the spot.  Should they run for the democratic office too? :dunno  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, admo said:

I've seen 4 year olds being told what to say by adults until they repeat it.  And memorize  it because they can't think for themselves on the spot.  Should they run for the democratic office too? :dunno  

Well, they'd be more qualified than the Republican nominee, so...

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, admo said:

Biden won't be a figurehead, but why would you care if he was a figurehead? He's one of the biggest moderate Democrat names out there. Why would it matter if he has other moderate Democrats telling him to do the same things he would have done anyway?

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1