2020 Presidential Debates Round 1 - Game Thread

admo

2 minutes ago, admo said:

I've seen 4 year olds being told what to say by adults until they repeat it.  And memorize  it because they can't think for themselves on the spot.  Should they run for the democratic office too? :dunno  

so does joe have dementia or a fantastic memory?   i am not sure which you are trying to prove here.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, admo said:

I've seen 4 year olds being told what to say by adults until they repeat it.  And memorize  it because they can't think for themselves on the spot.  Should they run for the democratic office too? :dunno 

Most people posting in this forum aren't democrats. Most are just middle-of-the-road moderates.

Going full republican here doesn't do much except stroke your own ego. FYI.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I'll take moderate status quo president every day of the week over someone who s#!ts daily on the 2 most important institutions that make up a free country. You and millions of others are not taking this s#!t seriously enough. It's like you think America is immune to going down a path away from democracy and/or other would be dictators in history announced what their plans were ahead of time. What more signals do you need? It is absolutely f#&%ing disgusting to have the leader of our country trashing our own democratic institutions for all the world to see and it's disgusting to me that people like you don't take it seriously. Who the f#&% cares if we get a nice president who keeps the status quo? What is so terrible about that? It's not my desire but it is infinitely better than what we have and will have if Trump stays in power.

I could add a list of 100 other things that make him garbage but won't waste our time.

Gave you a thank you +1, because it was passionate and honest and felt real..  I don't agree, but I respect it. 

• Plus1 1

I've been of this mind for a while, but in spite of some, even many, of us fellas refusing to bail on the Trump Train and see the conman for what he is, women are going to save us from this trainwreck.

I am still astounded, though, that anyone can watch that mess last night and think Trump did a better job answering questions than Biden. I mean, yeah, I guess you could like his delivery, if you're not concerned with the steady stream of bulls#!t coming out of his mouth hole.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Danny Bateman said:

I am still astounded, though, that anyone can watch that mess last night and think Trump did a better job answering questions than Biden.

It's about delivery, not content. Some people just like a guy who comes across like a strengthy bro. They don't discern much beyond that, just the delivery.

He could be reciting the phone book on that stage and the people who are cheering him on would proclaim him great just because of the delivery.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Most people posting in this forum aren't democrats. Most are just middle-of-the-road moderates.

Going full republican here doesn't do much except stroke your own ego. FYI.

That's kinda true, but not true.  I love the discussion. And people speaking and thinking and debating.  PR shouldnt't be a flame tweet with hate bombs.  I think most ppl here are pretty intelligent and have opinions. But they don't think or speak for they selves. And I'd like to see more open dialogue.  Even if we don't meet in the middle too often.

If I have a big ego, don't be envious. I'm pretty modest.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

It's about delivery, not content. Some people just like a guy who comes across like a strengthy bro. They don't discern much beyond that, just the delivery.

He could be reciting the phone book on that stage and the people who are cheering him on would proclaim him great just because of the delivery.

strengthy bro?   trump?   more like an angry toddler.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I can promise you that the regulars who thrive in this forum absolutely think & speak for themselves. They are well versed in this stuff and they don't suffer fools.

Agreed. The moderate vs progressive debates on this forum are very high level. @BlitzFirst and @RedDenver come to mind, you best do your homework when you come at them. Usually the arguments from the right are something out of the gateway pundit and dumb as hell. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I thought Trump would be strong in debating Biden, but HOOOOOLY SH!T did Trump crap down his own leg. Biden was solid, better than I expected.

However, Biden did finally come out and say what progressives already thought was true: Biden will oppose the progressive agenda. I think Trump is going to lose this election, but Biden's rejection of the left will be a big issue in 2022 and 2024.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Agreed. The moderate vs progressive debates on this forum are very high level. @BlitzFirst and @RedDenver come to mind, you best do your homework when you come at them. Usually the arguments from the right are something out of the gateway pundit and dumb as hell. 

B

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

The biggest clue you need to see that trumpists think he's losing is the new faces in P&R.

These people don't post here unless they see the winds changing. They betray themselves.

Finish your homework and learn how there's an election approaching.  That will break up the echo chamber for a few months. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Biden won't be a figurehead, but why would you care if he was a figurehead? He's one of the biggest moderate Democrat names out there. Why would it matter if he has other moderate Democrats telling him to do the same things he would have done anyway?

I am sorry, but the commander in chief of the United States is the most powerful position of the world.  It should not be thought as a position for just a figurehead (With no offense to some US presidents of the very past) or a slogan to get behind (change, hope, maga, vote blue no matter who). 

And I will stand behind who I voted for. 

Bush over Gore (the man who thought he invented the internet lol)
Kerry over Bush
Obama over McCain
Romney over Barack Obama
Trump over Hilary Clinton

Biden is only a party rep token IMHO.  And I have no problem with anyone voting for a particular party.  Because I prefer a certain party too.  But Biden is not cut out for this powerful job full time, for 4 years.  And not only will he be 82 and not relateable to people under 50, 40, 30, 20, etc., but he will be the most powerful man in the world.  And while Trump is getting up there too (not quite as much as Biden) he has been involved in the grind every day for almost 4 years now.  

And that's just one thing to think about.  Because our amazing, beautiful, country needs more than just a figurehead with fluffy political coach speak and a mask.  I mean, anybody can look at a camera, point and say "the American people"... over and over.  Even Enhance lol.  But seriously, I think the warning signs have been there about Biden before the DNC, even though the DNP wanted him to be that figurehead representing the party and toting the line. 

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, admo said:

I am sorry, but the commander in chief of the United States is the most powerful position of the world.  It should not be thought as a position for just a figurehead (With no offense to some US presidents of the very past) or a slogan to get behind (change, hope, maga, vote blue no matter who). 

And I will stand behind who I voted for. 

Bush over Gore (the man who thought he invented the internet lol)
Kerry over Bush
Obama over McCain
Romney over Barack Obama
Trump over Hilary Clinton

Biden is only a party rep token IMHO.  And I have no problem with anyone voting for a particular party.  Because I prefer a certain party too.  But Biden is not cut out for this powerful job full time, for 4 years.  And not only will he be 82 and not relateable to people under 50, 40, 30, 20, etc., but he will be the most powerful man in the world.  And while Trump is getting up there too (not quite as much as Biden) he has been involved in the grind every day for almost 4 years now.  

And that's just one thing to think about.  Because our amazing, beautiful, country needs more than just a figurehead with fluffy political coach speak and a mask.  I mean, anybody can look at a camera, point and say "the American people"... over and over.  Even Enhance lol.  But seriously, I think the warning signs have been there about Biden before the DNC, even though the DNP wanted him to be that figurehead representing the party and toting the line. 

None of this detail is really needed though. I didn’t say Biden is what I want or that I think he’d be a figurehead. What I’m saying is even if he is that, it would still be vastly preferrable to Trump. I don’t see how you can look at Biden and think he has dementia and at the same time not realize Trump is a f#&%ing moron. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1