Censorship

So, obligatory disclaimers. I realize this is just one person, it appears to be a business trip, and there's very little overall context. Maybe they're generally a hard worker. But, this video still cracks me up, and perhaps it does lend some credence to Twitter needing to be a bit 'trimmed.' Maybe.

The only thing I can with certainty is that this woman did a lot of sightseeing at work that day and definitely had her post-work tap wine before 5 p.m. lol.

Sadly that's a pretty normal high tech office and offerings.  The data show that you give stuff like this to employees you get more hours and productivity from them.  If your whole world, includign friends is at work you don't find it as easy to leave.  I work in a different industry all together, but our headquarters is embarrasingly similar.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, NM11046 said:

Sadly that's a pretty normal high tech office and offerings.  The data show that you give stuff like this to employees you get more hours and productivity from them.  If your whole world, includign friends is at work you don't find it as easy to leave.  I work in a different industry all together, but our headquarters is embarrasingly similar.

Yep, the perks "trick" people into being okay with staying longer, working more and sometimes getting paid a bit less.

On a side note, I don't like Musk or his lame cars or his lameness but I am sort of old school and if a boss says something...the worker does it, that is it.  If not, they can leave or get canned.  

These twitter workers that have been crying and whining can shut the f#&% up and work...or leave.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
25 minutes ago, Enhance said:

So, obligatory disclaimers. I realize this is just one person, it appears to be a business trip, and there's very little overall context. Maybe they're generally a hard worker. But, this video still cracks me up, and perhaps it does lend some credence to Twitter needing to be a bit 'trimmed.' Maybe.

The only thing I can with certainty is that this woman did a lot of sightseeing at work that day and definitely had her post-work tap wine before 5 p.m. lol.

When the new Yahoo CEO took over a few years back she made everyone actually come into work.  Shocking to no one, it appears that the work from home crowd was not super productive!  

While working from home one day...I told my virtual class that we would only be on zoom for a few minutes, I gave them work, told them they could log off and I went golfing...with 2 other educators. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I don't have a lot of pet peeves but a new one I have is people that feel "sorry" for twitter workers that have to go back to work in the office.

Personally I think the whole WFH issue is overblown. My company's corporate staff was about 60% WFH in 2018. We're now about 90%. And we're pretty damn good at what we do and don't have any kind of issues with WFH staff. We hit our KPI's. It's more about culture and having clear structure than the physical location you're working, at least that's my opinion.

I think Elon is also a little misguided in his call-to-action that those who choose to say 'must prepare for working long hours at high intensity'. Most of a company's work force just wants to get a paycheck and go home. You can't force the employee to buy into the passion and the detail needed to make a company profitable and sustainable. If you do, you're just going to build a toxic work environment that nobody wants to be a part of.

Elon's doing all this for a greater purpose than seems apparent. Some of the things he's saying and doing are too moronic to be on accident.

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Personally I think the whole WFH issue is overblown. My company's corporate staff was about 60% WFH in 2018. We're now about 90%. And we're pretty damn good at what we do and don't have any kind of issues with WFH staff. We hit our KPI's. It's more about culture and having clear structure than the physical location you're working, at least that's my opinion.

I think Elon is also a little misguided in his call-to-action that those who choose to say 'must prepare for working long hours at high intensity'. Most of a company's work force just wants to get a paycheck and go home. You can't force the employee to buy into the passion and the detail needed to make a company profitable and sustainable. If you do, you're just going to build a toxic work environment that nobody wants to be a part of.

Elon's doing all this for a greater purpose than seems apparent. Some of the things he's saying and doing are too moronic to be on accident.

Oh for sure most people are just there to get a paycheck.  No doubt.

And company culture really doesn't matter all that much either.  

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm guessing that there are lots of tech companies out there that are absolutely loving the fact that Musk is driving off all of his employees.

Maybe I'm missing something, but that seems like a non-issue. Employees don't have to leave by some deadline, they can stay at Twitter until they find another job and then leave - just like every other company. Not sure what this accomplishes other than tanking morale.

• TBH 1