Biden's America

51 minutes ago, funhusker said:

There are teachers in our district that own houses and rent them out.  Fortunately the tenants here are paying rent.

But if they weren't, it would ruin these property owners.  They wouldn't be able to pay the mortgage payments and who would want to buy that house knowing they can't collect the rent or evict?

I don't know the details, but can these landlords let the tenants know that their lease won't be renewed if they aren't paying.  I get the point (although I disagree to a certain extent) about saying "you missed rent this month, get out!".  But is it against the rules for the LL to say "your lease is up at the end of the year. Unless you find a way to get current on rent we will not be renewing the lease."?

Yeah I work with a few that have some rentals as well.  They make a little extra each month but they would be f#&%ed pretty quickly if the tenant stopped paying for more than a few months.

9 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Crisis of competence because:

• Afghanistan collapsed in a week without a single bullet fired - meaning this was a done deal months ago, and Biden couldn't change the takeover.
  • Months ago he conveyed the CDC's message (not his, the CDC's) that we didn't have to wear masks indoors if vaccinated - before the Delta variant took over thanks to the unvaccinated, largely in Republican-led states.
  • Biden's goal of 70% vaccination wasn't met because people chose not to get vaccinated following a months-long campaign from anti-vaxxers.
  • The border crisis following trump's dismantling of the asylum system. 
  • Biden's poll numbers now show him at only 50% approval rating - higher than trump's ever was. 

All of that is a "crisis of competence."  Soberly written after watching the s-show of the last four years. 

That was a great opinion piece. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
30 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Afghanistan collapsed in a week without a single bullet fired - meaning this was a done deal months ago, and Biden couldn't change the takeover.

Remember who negotiated the deal with the Taliban.  Mr Winning Himself, Mr Art of the Deal Himself.  I wonder what behind the scene deal he made wt the Taliban and the Afghan leader.  I'm beginning to think there is more than what meets the eye.  The optics today are really terrible, but someone designed those optics.

How does a 'well trained army of $300k' lay down their weapons without hardly a shot in defense?   This house of cards fell so quick, makes you wonder if it was designed that way :dunno    Ok, I'm going conspiracy on you :ahhhhhhhh:blink:  but my goodness - the speed of all of this just looks so planned. 

• Plus1 2
35 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

How does a 'well trained army of $300k' lay down their weapons without hardly a shot in defense?   This house of cards fell so quick, makes you wonder if it was designed that way

The fact that there was zero fighting tells me this was a brokered outcome.  The Taliban and Ghani had this all decided a long time ago.

• Plus1 2

On 8/16/2021 at 2:43 PM, knapplc said:

Crisis of competence because:

• Afghanistan collapsed in a week without a single bullet fired - meaning this was a done deal months ago, and Biden couldn't change the takeover.

It’s because he said it wouldn’t happen a few weeks ago. It now looks like we had no clue. If we brokered a deal don’t be dumb enough to say it won’t happen. Just be honest. Wouldn’t that be refreshing.

• Months ago he conveyed the CDC's message (not his, the CDC's) that we didn't have to wear masks indoors if vaccinated - before the Delta variant took over thanks to the unvaccinated, largely in Republican-led states.

Echoing the CDCs messaging on COVID makes one look as bad as they do.

• Biden's goal of 70% vaccination wasn't met because people chose not to get vaccinated following a months-long campaign from anti-vaxxers.

Not sure why Biden would take heat for this. I think his approval on handling COVID is still high. I approve.

On 8/16/2021 at 2:43 PM, knapplc said:
  • The border crisis following trump's dismantling of the asylum system. 

Not sure about this statement , but he said many times our border is closed. It is clearly not and by the admission of his own director it’s out of control. It happened post election. Biden will own this, fair or not. People don’t get nuances these days. Especially CNN.

• Biden's poll numbers now show him at only 50% approval rating - higher than trump's ever was. 

Polls. :dunnoThat is all I am gonna say about that.

I am not trying to be snarky, it’s perception a lot of times.

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Is the tweet taken down? Because it didn't sound like a pre screened question. The report said something to the effect of "as a follow up" or "clarification". Then Biden offered his interpretation of the original question.

Oh wow, it is gone.  

Looks like Uncle Joe is controlling the media a bit! 

• Plus1 1