Biden's America

On 10/1/2021 at 12:04 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Idiots.

This comes from the inability for people to deal with people who don't agree with them or aren't like them.

That actually describes both sides, not just Trumpsters. There are always people threatening to leave the US after an election doesn’t go the way they want. They should just wait, it will flip back in 2022 and 2024 the way things are going.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Redux said:

An online poll yielded the results they wanted....no way :dunno

Possibly...but then they don't explain the other number.

A shocking new poll from the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia reveals that over half of Trump voters surveyed, and 41% of Biden voters, are in favor of blue and/or red states seceding from the union. Yeah, it’s gotten that bad.

8 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Possibly...but then they don't explain the other number.

A shocking new poll from the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia reveals that over half of Trump voters surveyed, and 41% of Biden voters, are in favor of blue and/or red states seceding from the union. Yeah, it’s gotten that bad.

Polls are easily manipulated to get the results the surveyor desires.

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere. I guess the school boards were feeling threaten by parents. I am gonna vote my school board out in November. Hopefully that doesn't make me a terrorist. :P

On Monday, Garland directed the FBI and U.S. attorney's offices to hold meetings with federal, state and local law enforcement leaders in the next 30 days, during which they will discuss ways to combat what the DOJ called a "disturbing trend" of harassment and threats against school officials.

Garland's announcement came just days after the National School Board Association wrote a letter to Biden asking his administration to treat parent protests at school board meetings as possible acts of "domestic terrorism." The association also wrote that some of the "threats" to school boards involved reports that critical race theory (CRT) was being proliferated in classrooms, which it called "propaganda."

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
8 minutes ago, nic said:

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere. I guess the school boards were feeling threaten by parents. I am gonna vote my school board out in November. Hopefully that doesn't make me a terrorist. :P

On Monday, Garland directed the FBI and U.S. attorney's offices to hold meetings with federal, state and local law enforcement leaders in the next 30 days, during which they will discuss ways to combat what the DOJ called a "disturbing trend" of harassment and threats against school officials.

Garland's announcement came just days after the National School Board Association wrote a letter to Biden asking his administration to treat parent protests at school board meetings as possible acts of "domestic terrorism." The association also wrote that some of the "threats" to school boards involved reports that critical race theory (CRT) was being proliferated in classrooms, which it called "propaganda."

And, this is a response to parents actually threatening school board members.

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, this is a response to parents actually threatening school board members.

I am sure there are a few quacks out there (like the people that followed the Arizona Senator into the bathroom, or admin officials into restaurants). I am sure the DOJ will not abuse their authority. I am also sure school boards will not perceive a threat to report people they dislike. If someone in my town threatened me I might call the local police first. Assuming they have enough funds left to deal with such threats. Maybe a lawyer for a restraining order? What the heck, let's call the FBI. It was done to try and shut people up, but they can't shut down the vote, or a recall...yet.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Just now, nic said:

I am sure there are a few quacks out there (like the people that followed the Arizona Senator into the bathroom, or admin officials into restaurants). I am sure the DOJ will not abuse their authority. I am also sure school boards will not perceive a threat to report people they dislike. If someone in my town threatened me I might call the local police first. Assuming they have enough funds left to deal with such threats. Maybe a lawyer for a restraining order? What the heck, let's call the FBI. It was done to try and shut people up, but they can't shut down the vote, or a recall...yet.

I am not saying I support what has been asked be done.  But, reality is, parents have become more violent and threatening to school boards.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I am not saying I support what has been asked be done.  But, reality is, parents have become more violent and threatening to school boards.

My teacher friends mostly dislike their jobs. Not because of students, but because of parents.

I personally have 4 friends - 3 at LPS and 1 at OPS - leave their teaching jobs. All of them complained that parents were one of the biggest reasons for leaving.