Biden's America

23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Which is the reason I was hesitant to post in the first place.  I knew this and didn’t want to come across as attacking you or your loved one on a personal basis by either choosing a poorly placed word or having a thought taken out of context.  

I agreed in my post that a I believe a very small amount of people have a genetic anomaly that allowed them to produce both sex organs and a choice at birth or close to birth was made which could have been the wrong one.   However, the amount of people identifying as trans/non-binary is at an extremely high number compared to what the science says.  It’s a mental illness or a coping mechanism for those people IMO.  

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2022/06/07/about-5-of-young-adults-in-the-u-s-say-their-gender-is-different-from-their-sex-assigned-at-birth/

I need to push back on this as we read story after story after story of kids under 10 years living a life of a different gender than their birth.   We both talked about the scientific numbers yet we read about parents who somehow have 3 trans/non-binary children!   And the pediatrics interviewed go along with it.  Courts go along with it.   Those kids are screwed in my personal opinion.   The amount of Hollywood stars that have transgender kids doesn’t come anywhere near to where the science says it comes out to be.  

Court cases are constantly in the news where parents get divorced with kids and one says the boy is a boy and one says the boy is a girl, Court says the boy needs to be referred by both parents as a girl:dunno  How does a young child know this?  Kids younger than 5 are being raised opposite their birth gender.  That’s crazy and parents are driving that IMO.  

Anyways, appreciate the civilized discussion, hope for the best for you and your child, that you both live long happy healthy lives and I will return this back to being The Big Guy’s America thread :D

Don't worry about offending me. I mean, not any more than you already do. : )

I'm going to take a wild guess that the "story after story" about transgenderism run amok appear in the conservative media you consume, specifically culled for your outrage and conveniently ignoring more baseline evidence. Hollywood weirdos? Someone with 3 non-binary children? Why does that negate the scientific numbers we agreed on? If we're going on a case by case basis, all kinds of parents -- well intentioned and not -- can f#&% up their kids. 

To put it another way: if we were to collect all the stories of devout Christians raising their kids with visions of cultish fundamentalism, scientific denial, and physical punishment for their sins, would the trans community perhaps want to distance itself from Easter? 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

To put it another way: if we were to collect all the stories of devout Christians raising their kids with visions of cultish fundamentalism, scientific denial, and physical punishment for their sins, would the trans community perhaps want to distance itself from Easter?

It’s possible, yet I don’t think Christians are advocating for looping off your privates if you think you are a girl at 13 years old, or chopping off your boobs if you play kickball with the boys at recess and your parents now think your a boy (or wish they had a boy).  

11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm going to take a wild guess that the "story after story" about transgenderism run amok appear in the conservative media you consume, specifically culled for your outrage and conveniently ignoring more baseline evidence.

Depends on if you consider, YahooNews, NYT’s WAPO, Houston Chronicle, Dallas Morning News, TMZ (the Hollywood angle) as conservative media run amok.  

13 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If we're going on a case by case basis, all kinds of parents -- well intentioned and not -- can f#&% up their kids.

Yes sir.  Including devout Christian parents, Pastors, etc..

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s possible, yet I don’t think Christians are advocating for looping off your privates if you think you are a girl at 13 years old, or chopping off your boobs if you play kickball with the boys at recess and your parents now think your a boy (or wish they had a boy). 

I'd venture to argue that the number of people advocating for genital surgery in minors is drastically smaller than the number of people who, say, are catholic priests raping young boys or are parents/leaders/regular members of any number of denominations of faith who disbelieve the claims of abuse being cried out by their youth in protection of the church, if we're in the comparison game.

• Plus1 6
7 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I'd venture to argue that the number of people advocating for genital surgery in minors is drastically smaller than the number of people who, say, are catholic priests raping young boys or are parents/leaders/regular members of any number of denominations of faith who disbelieve the claims of abuse being cried out by their youth in protection of the church, if we're in the comparison game.

If you want to talk about being in the comparison game, then you replied to the wrong person.  Guy made a comparison I replied to.   Take it up with him.

If you want to talk about the disgusting behavior of Priest over the course of time, I’m all in 99.9% and would back you up.   How that pertains to the discussion at hand, well, I guess that’s for you to decide and have with yourself my man 

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

It's astronomically smaller. 

And that doesn't mention the devout Christians who abuse their kids, physically, emotionally, and worse. 

And yet little to no ink is spilled on these pages about that by the same people who are ENRAGED by a coincidence of holidays. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's astronomically smaller. 

And that doesn't mention the devout Christians who abuse their kids, physically, emotionally, and worse. 

And yet little to no ink is spilled on these pages about that by the same people who are ENRAGED by a coincidence of holidays. 

I, as a Christian, am not offended the least by the TG day. I don't have to defend my faith, my God, My Christ because of it.  If God's essential nature is love (and it is - all other attributes are defined by love), then God isn't offended.  No reason for me to be.  God's nature isn't judgment, his actions towards us aren't retributive - it is always based on love.  We are each set on our own personal journey and I believe that journey ultimately takes us to knowing and experiencing the God of love - whether in this life or the next. 

Unfortunately, the average Christian isn't that much different then the average Joe who isn't a Christian.  As you mention, many appear devout on the outside but are battling demons of their own on the inside - which leads to abuse of self and others.   I know this all too well - in years past, I allowed anger, the result of the need to control out of deep wounding by my parents to lead me to hurt those I love (not physically but emotionally).   But experiencing healing has enabled me to rise above abusive words of anger - as I have experienced the healing love of God in a fresh and new way in my 60s (at age 68 - I'm probably one of the oldest on HB).   So that is my journey. I'm very sadden by those who profess faith but remain abusive.  They like those who don't profess faith & who are abusive still need to confront those demons and find their path to healing.  Of course, sometimes it takes jail time for that to occur for some.  Until then, their confession of faith is just that - words not lived out - a form of godliness without the power.  :rant

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

If you want to talk about being in the comparison game, then you replied to the wrong person.  Guy made a comparison I replied to.   Take it up with him.

If you want to talk about the disgusting behavior of Priest over the course of time, I’m all in 99.9% and would back you up.   How that pertains to the discussion at hand, well, I guess that’s for you to decide and have with yourself my man 

It’s not just priests. My Twitter timeline has headlines almost every day of Protestant ministers found to be doing the same thing. 

I could go on. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

46 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s not just priests. My Twitter timeline has headlines almost every day of Protestant ministers found to be doing the same thing. 

I could go on. 

I’m sure you could and Sounds like some disgusting people, start a discussion on it.  

• Plus1 1

Wait...some parents DON'T abuse their kids physically and emotionally?

I thought that was their freaking job!!

Who here grew up NOT being afraid of their parents?  And, what was that like???

The s#!t I have seen CPS called in for is NOTHING compared to what it was like for me and my siblings!  HAHA

• Plus1 1