Biden's America

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hypothetically let's pretend Fauci was wrong about most things he said, which isn't the case.

When Republicans take over, a scientist using the scientific method whose hypothesis turns out to not come to fruition is going to be investigated, probably for being a criminal? But the Republicans also claim to want innovation when it comes to medicine so we can't put limits on drug prices?

Ok, makes sense.

• Plus1 2
31 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Hypothetically let's pretend Fauci was wrong about most things he said, which isn't the case.

When Republicans take over, a scientist using the scientific method whose hypothesis turns out to not come to fruition is going to be investigated, probably for being a criminal? But the Republicans also claim to want innovation when it comes to medicine so we can't put limits on drug prices?

Ok, makes sense.

They want innovation, but let’s imprison a scientist they think is wrong. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, nic said:

I'm all for having DC deal with it, or any other city.

But Congress needs to redistribute whatever border security funds that are going to Texas to these cities.  Set up dollar per migrant type system.

I don't know much about what Abbott is doing.  I just see the reports he's shipping these people to more democratic areas.  It just seems petty, inefficient, and kind of gross to me.  To me, the best practice is to usually deal with a problem at the source.  In this case the border.  I don't get how shipping people all around the country is going to make the problem easier to deal with.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'm all for having DC deal with it, or any other city.

But Congress needs to redistribute whatever border security funds that are going to Texas to these cities.  Set up dollar per migrant type system.

I don't know much about what Abbott is doing.  I just see the reports he's shipping these people to more democratic areas.  It just seems petty, inefficient, and kind of gross to me.  To me, the best practice is to usually deal with a problem at the source.  In this case the border.  I don't get how shipping people all around the country is going to make the problem easier to deal with.

True.  

He’s getting a lot of federal funding for the border and dealing with the issue.  If he’s just going to ship them to other areas of the country, fine. But, the funding should go too. 

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Why would they redistribute border security funds?  These people are already past the border now and any money is coming from the taking care of those people cost center budget (if the state even gets any money after the illegal aliens are processed and released which are the ones we are talking about.)  

• Fire 1
37 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why would they redistribute border security funds?  These people are already past the border now and any money is coming from the taking care of those people cost center budget (if the state even gets any money after the illegal aliens are processed and released which are the ones we are talking about.)  

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/immigration/2018/06/20/texas-nonprofit-has-received-1-5-billion-in-federal-money-to-run-shelters-for-immigrant-children/

Housing the immigrants is part of the funding from the feds.

• Plus1 2