Biden's America

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Audits can and are more than just “highly inconvenient” at times.  

I don't disagree that audits can be more than inconvenient, at times they can put people through unnecessary hell.

But the vast, vast majority will not be that way. 

Furthermore, many of the '87k' positions will be in customer service: answering phone calls where hold times are a day or longer, much of the money will go towards updating computer equipment and electronic filing systems, developing a way for consumers to file directly with the IRS instead of going through Turbo Tax, etc.

I just hope that Republicans don't kneecap these efforts when they take power. 

• Plus1 2

55 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Audits can and are more than just “highly inconvenient” at times.  

So because of one anecdotal story where things obviously got effed up….. I mean sure, anytime the IRS or any government entity gets involved things can get weird. I don’t think that’s a good enough reason to not give them the resources to do their job or to  ignore the people who are purposely cheating the system. And maybe things get weird a little less often if they’re actually afforded the time and equipment to do their job correctly.

Plus I don’t have stock options to worry about.-_-

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

The bill was literally called the IRA.  Yet no one is touting inflation reduction?   Any ideas on why.  

Almost every bill name I have ever heard is a very poor summary of what the bill will accomplish. Many times it seems to be the exact opposite. Affordable Care Act…….only “affordable” for the people that qualify for free insurance. Everyone else, not affordable. And it did nothing to address the actual cost of healthcare, only the cost for some to acquire insurance. That’s just one example. It’s not a party specific phenomenon but rather is a result of our representatives having no accountability to their constituents. They blow sunshine and do whatever benefits them.

It's a very good bill. Democrats have been trying to get Medicare to be able to negotiate drug prices for a couple decades. So that's a BFD. And it's the most resources ever allocated to climate change and durably improving our energy production, so that's great.

Hot take: It was named the Inflation Reduction Act, which might move some stupid voters on the margins.

Since a lot more our politics than anyone should be comfortable is decided on the backs of the wholly uninformed, ignorant and outright morons, that's a net good.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Almost every bill name I have ever heard is a very poor summary of what the bill will accomplish. Many times it seems to be the exact opposite. Affordable Care Act…….only “affordable” for the people that qualify for free insurance. Everyone else, not affordable. And it did nothing to address the actual cost of healthcare, only the cost for some to acquire insurance. That’s just one example. It’s not a party specific phenomenon but rather is a result of our representatives having no accountability to their constituents. They blow sunshine and do whatever benefits them.

Agree with all

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

It's a very good bill. Democrats have been trying to get Medicare to be able to negotiate drug prices for a couple decades. So that's a BFD. And it's the most resources ever allocated to climate change and durably improving our energy production, so that's great.

Hot take: It was named the Inflation Reduction Act, which might move some stupid voters on the margins.

Since a lot more our politics than anyone should be comfortable is decided on the backs of the wholly uninformed, ignorant and outright morons, that's a net good.

I agree that it’s a good bill. Lots of good things in it. But I have to agree with @Archy1221 that it really has nothing to do with inflation reduction. Good bill, ridiculous name, per usual.

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree that it’s a good bill. Lots of good things in it. But I have to agree with @Archy1221 that it really has nothing to do with inflation reduction. Good bill, ridiculous name, per usual.

Dems should start naming all the bills things like “America First Bill” “America is Awesome” or “USA Bill to kick a$$”. And make a big deal when GOPers vote against them.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Dems should start naming all the bills things like “America First Bill” “America is Awesome” or “USA Bill to kick a$$”. And make a big deal when GOPers vote against them.

Slight modification, “USA Bill to Kick Dems a$$”. Rs would have to vote for it no matter what was in it. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

:facepalm:

OH MAN!  GOT 'EM!!!!  :LOLtartar

I mean... if this is what they have to criticize... it's pretty weak sauce. 

It's a hell of a bill and a major legislative accomplishment. But of course the Dems did it so the frothy right has to figure out some way to denigrate it.

Gotta love partisan hackery politics. 

• Plus1 2