Biden's America

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

wish you would start looking further into this stuff. I think you will still not like this (see quote below on the goal here),

I wish you would look at prior posts and see that I posted a tweet with the policy outline so ya I do understand the reasoning.  Which as you said doesn’t make it any better.  

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

They are just making some changes the risk-based pricing adjustment. Low FICO still pays more.

Again, three people have posted on this and understand what’s going on.  Whether a low credit score is paying a higher rate is besides the point.  They are changing rules to punish the fiscally responsible. 

• Plus1 1

18 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I wish you would start looking further into this stuff. I think you will still not like this (see quote below on the goal here), but it is not nearly as bad as the stupid Fox News screen makes it seem.

They are just making some changes the risk-based pricing adjustment. Low FICO still pays more.
6442e1af502fee0682ded0a4.png

“These changes to upfront fees will strengthen the safety and soundness of the Enterprises by enhancing their ability to improve their capital position over time,” said Director Sandra L. Thompson. “By locking in the upfront fee eliminations announced last October, FHFA is taking another step to ensure that the Enterprises advance their mission of facilitating equitable and sustainable access to homeownership.”

The priorities outlined in the 2022 and 2023 Scorecards for the Enterprises include developing a pricing framework to maintain support for single-family purchase borrowers limited by wealth or income, while also ensuring a level playing field for large and small sellers, fostering capital accumulation, and achieving commercially viable returns on capital.

It's still bulls#!t. This fee is like PMI, just another money grab by the home loan industry. Nobody gives a crap if the borrower defaults in their loan, there's no protection for them, but the banks have all this protection and insurance on top of getting bailed out by tax the payers again if things really go tits up... This is not a good system.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I don't want Biden to run either. But if I have to pick between him and Trump or DeSantis. I'm picking Biden. I imagine there's a lot of people who feel that way.

That's me. I think he's too old. I don't particularly want Kamala Harris to succeed Biden if he passes away in his next term. But I'll vote for Biden over any Republican polling above 10% in any of the latest polls.

Let's see if Biden even makes it to 2024. That isn't a given.

• TBH 1

9 hours ago, ZRod said:

It's still bulls#!t. This fee is like PMI, just another money grab by the home loan industry. Nobody gives a crap if the borrower defaults in their loan, there's no protection for them, but the banks have all this protection and insurance on top of getting bailed out by tax the payers again if things really go tits up... This is not a good system.

Right?

PMI should be paid by the person who owns the house, which for the first 30 years is the bank!

• Plus1 1