Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

12 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

No, you say keep status quo because you and everyone else knows if the EC is abolished, the republicans will never win another election again unless they had a political realignment. 

No, I say keep the status quo because of what I said before.  Whether it helps or hurts a certain party is irrelevant. 

• Plus1 1

35 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

"The Capitol" is a distinct building.  It does not refer to a parking garage or Washington DC in general.  The pipe bombs discussed were found outside the offices of both political parties.  That appears to be action of one inept terrorist.  

Therefore you cannot use the word "coup" anymore to describe the mob.  You don't stage a coup by leaving your weapons in your vehicle and then storming into the seat of government with a flag pole.  In a coup you bring your weapons inside to bear on the officials.

"May have helped cause" is a no brainer since it's the lowest bar to step over. Rabble rousing being why people hate politicians. Every fiery speech in history contributed to whatever happened afterwards.

Is this your child?

FA1151DE-C51C-4F89-9850-888E0EDB4647.jpeg

Why is someone tying to justify a mob of insurrectionist who violently broke into the capitol, left pipe bombs, yelled for heads on pikes, yelled to string them up, and killed a police officer.

Why is someone like that allowed to be here?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Why is someone tying to justify a mob of insurrectionist who violently broke into the capitol, left pipe bombs, yelled for heads on pikes, yelled to string them up, and killed a police officer.

Why is someone like that allowed to be here?

I was told it was inappropriate to call someone like that anti-American (and some other silly stuff <_<) in the forum.

Mind boggling.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, commando said:

and the rioters were screaming hang pence.    and they set up a noose outside the capitol.     they stormed the building when he refused to not certify the election.  i would say wanting to lynch the vice president is close enough to call it a coup.   

Coup is a thing that has a definition.  It is not an umbrella term like "mob" or "protest."  What you saw Wednesday was a political riot.  The most aggressive bunch of the largely peaceful protest wanted to start a fight.  And when the authorities unexpectedly capitulated, they partied around the Capitol until they got kicked out.  It actually all the time when one group becomes more powerful than their predecessors.  Anyone saying Trump planned all this is delusional and condescending. 

39 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Coup is a thing that has a definition.  It is not an umbrella term like "mob" or "protest."  What you saw Wednesday was a political riot.  The most aggressive bunch of the largely peaceful protest wanted to start a fight.  And when the authorities unexpectedly capitulated, they partied around the Capitol until they got kicked out.  It actually all the time when one group becomes more powerful than their predecessors.  Anyone saying Trump planned all this is delusional and condescending. 

So either Trump's too stupid to realize the stupid things he says have consequences or he knows the stupid things he says have consequences and says it anyway (i.e. riots at the capital). Either way, Trump is an idiot and you like or actually, love him. 

• Plus1 3
9 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You absolutely fail in every aspect of this argument.  When a riot is incited by the President to intimidate the government to overturn an election where he lost, that’s a coup.  

your love of this disgusting human is an example of what is so wrong with this entire issue.  

You are devoted to Trump.  You are not devoted to America and it’s core values.  

• Plus1 7
7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Therefore you cannot use the word "coup" anymore to describe the mob.  You don't stage a coup by leaving your weapons in your vehicle and then storming into the seat of government with a flag pole.  In a coup you bring your weapons inside to bear on the officials.

This is false. Weapons and violence are not defining characteristics of coups, and there are historical examples of this.

"May have helped cause" is a no brainer since it's the lowest bar to step over. Rabble rousing being why people hate politicians. Every fiery speech in history contributed to whatever happened afterwards.

Bizarre. I've seen some fiery political speeches in my time. Very few of them resulted in a mob of rioters descending upon a government building, killing police officers and threatening our democracy.

How. Bizarre.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Enhance said:

This is false. Weapons and violence are not defining characteristics of coups, and there are historical examples of this.

Bizarre. I've seen some fiery political speeches in my time. Very few of them resulted in a mob of rioters descending upon a government building, killing police officers and threatening our democracy.

How. Bizarre.

Maybe you can find a time when a coup was staged by unarmed men and the royal guardsmen folded to the mob.  I can't think of one right now.

Do you think the woman who said "“Let’s make sure we show up wherever we have to show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere. We’ve got to get the children connected to their parents,” may have helped cause aggressive mobs harassing conservatives?

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

son, you are the delusional 1 no one capitulated.  they certified the election results that you and the rest of the cult didn't like  

• Plus1 1
On 1/6/2021 at 4:49 PM, SECHusker said:

Will he call the family of the woman who died storming the Capitol on his behalf and give his condolences? If you get frustrated, dodge, or don't like the answers you get, maybe you shouldn't be blindly following him.

I wouldn't.  Rioters get my empathy but no sympathy from me.  If you storm a public building or try to seize territory, you get what's coming to you.  I don't care whether it's a right wing extremist attacking Washington or a Left wing one taking over Seattle.  I bet Trump doesn't either.  

^^^ I have no idea why that post reappeared when I hit reply.  Nonetheless I am pretty much in the same space of thought here.  The shooting of Ashli Babbit was unnecessary and maybe unjustifiable.  But I don't feel very much outrage because she voluntarily and illegally.  put herself in a dangerous situation.

If you don't want to endure the video, Mrs Babbit was pressing against a set of weak double doors reinforced by a quickly stacked chairs.  There were guards on on the other side of the hallway and two police with rifles right behind her among the mob.  She appears to make a move at the doors, a guard seen only from the wrist shoots through the door windows into her neck and she drops.  The mob pulls back so she can receive emergency treatment but died in the way to he hospital.