Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

7 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Nothing that could result in a Pence pardon of Trump would be good.  I want Trump behind bars.  Although immediate removal is definitely called for, logistically I don’t see it happening.  Look at how many R’s rejected the electorate.  No way they will remove him with less than 2 weeks left. Pence just doesn’t have it in him to do the 25th I’m guessing.  I’m still holding out hope for an Inauguration Day arrest and indictment.  

Looks like we won't have to worry about that.

9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Pence is still deciding vote until Jan 20

Not anymore. The old Congress is out (everyone who's term ended is gone) and the new Congress is sworn in with the exception of the 2 Georgia Senators, so that's 50 R to 48 D. However, because Loeffler was appointed and her term was not up, she's still in the Senate making the count 51 R to 48 D at present.

7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Not anymore. The old Congress is out (everyone who's term ended is gone) and the new Congress is sworn in with the exception of the 2 Georgia Senators, so that's 50 R to 48 D. However, because Loeffler was appointed and her term was not up, she's still in the Senate making the count 51 R to 48 D at present.

All true, but in the event of a tie vote, Pence is still the decider. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

All true, but in the event of a tie vote, Pence is still the decider. 

That's true, but a tie is pretty unlikely with an odd number of senators amd one party in control as opposed to when Warnock and Ossof get seated and the count will be 50 R to 50 D.

13 hours ago, funhusker said:

I had this conversation with a coworker yesterday.  He couldn't find the connection either.

We teach.  I tried to use the analogy of having kids in class just before lunch really angry about lunch portions being too small and they wanted more.  They start talking about storming into the kitchen and taking what they deserve.  The teacher lets them vent in anger and tells them that they are right to be upset.  They aren't getting enough to eat and something should be done about it.  The teacher then, in a speech directed to the entire class, says "I'll march with you to the lunchroom!"  as the class cheers on in anger.

They kids go to lunch and storm the kitchen. 

How would the building administrators say that the teacher had nothing to do with what happened with a straight face?

That doesn't make sense where there is a long tradition of marching from the classroom to the lunchroom in protest. 

And the usual hypocrisy of Ds refusing to condemn the George Floyd rioters and sometimes egging them on. 

6 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That doesn't make sense where there is a long tradition of marching from the classroom to the lunchroom in protest. 

And the usual hypocrisy of Ds refusing to condemn the George Floyd rioters and sometimes egging them on. 

What do lizard people eat? Like bugs and stuff?

Also, are your anti-America meetings in Russia, or do you hold them via Zoom?  Are you even allowed in Russia anymore after the incident in Putin’s stables?

• Plus1 5

Way to be a leader Sasse.

Consider:

think carefully about (something), typically before making a decision.

Similar:
think about

contemplate

Always showing how enlightened he is, despite being a spineless tool. Sasse already let him off without even looking at evidence. How much more "considering" do you need now?
  • Plus1 2