Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

50 minutes ago, Omaha-Husker said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8555658

It’s not clear whether Giuliani—who opens the call by referring to himself as “the president’s lawyer”—was directed to call Tuberville by President Trump.

I can't believe we're still doing this. Of course it's clear.

57 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think Trump should be charged with sedition based on his speech and tweets for what happened today. The law supports it.

I'm still waiting for the evidence that President Trump told anyone to storm the Capitol.  Of course it doesn't help that Silicon Valley destroyed evidence and the MSM won't just show the tweets.

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Frustrated at what?  Having the privilege of being able to break into the Capital and prop your feet up on the Speaker of the House's desk and not get shot....or even arrested??  

Hah! That was exactly my thought. "Frustrated at what?"

So imagine being White in a country that systemically discriminates against minorities and being so completely out of touch with reality that your everyday frustrations compel you to storm the Capitol Building in DC, and you see nothing wrong with that.

Imagine being that frustrated, x10, but also being an American minority, so when you get to the point where you want to express that frustration, you're gonna get shot.

Hell, you're likely to get the cops called on you just peacefully walking down the street. 

And these are the asshats that coined the term "snowflake" because "the left" is so tender and cries about everything. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m not your homeboy, did nothing to you so what the f#&% is your problem with me?  

My problem is the paranoid style of the political right in this country. It is something political scientists identified back in the 1950s and has been slowly used to motivate voters such as yourself. That brand of politics culminated into what we saw when yesterday. People have seen this coming for decades but we have to give your side a false equivalency like its an equal alternative choice. It isn't. 

So don't take it personally, you're just a typical radicalized person on the right. And it's infuriating when this country faces actual problems your side is incapable  of - or refuses to - acknowledge. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
50 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m shocked.  

I had an exchange on Facebook with my wife’s sister-in-law, and her response was “we don’t know that these people were Trump supporters”.  That’s when I just said I can’t help you with that and I deleted Facebook from my phone. In her mind, if they aren’t black or Muslim or easily identifiable as someone “different from her” then she can’t find someone to blame. 

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Frustrated at what?  Having the privilege of being able to break into the Capital and prop your feet up on the Speaker of the House's desk and not get shot....or even arrested??  

But, but, but...the man who is most likely paid really well to give his opinions to 10's of millions of people every morning on a TV show that is on every basic cable/satellite package in the USA is having his opinion CENSORED!!!!!

What f#&%ing clowns these people are!

23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Hah! That was exactly my thought. "Frustrated at what?"

So imagine being White in a country that systemically discriminates against minorities and being so completely out of touch with reality that your everyday frustrations compel you to storm the Capitol Building in DC, and you see nothing wrong with that.

Imagine being that frustrated, x10, but also being an American minority, so when you get to the point where you want to express that frustration, you're gonna get shot.

Hell, you're likely to get the cops called on you just peacefully walking down the street. 

And these are the asshats that coined the term "snowflake" because "the left" is so tender and cries about everything. 

+1000

Look, I get it. Jobs are leaving the area, both sides let an opioid epidemic devastate poor communities, the world is changing beneath their feet. 

But one side - Trump - decided to tap into that fear shamelessly. It's so incredibly frustrating.