Trump's Post Election Fallout: Legal & Obstruction actions

21 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

God this pisses me off. They are f#&%ing liars. They’re a$$h@!es. They’re traitors to this country. And they’re f#&%ing snowflakes for reacting this way just over being called liars. It’s what they are. 

Rudy says McConnell is trying to 'rush it'.  There is a constitutional mandate that this be done today.   

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

There we go.  Anyone not a Leftist Democrat is a radical since the 1950’s.  My way or the highway for Dems.  Think like me or you are the problem says Dems.  
I have to carry the sins for the idiots from yesterday?  Are you seriously stupid enough to think that  Or do you just play it that way on Huskerboard?  
Are the Democrats therefore a radicalized party because of the summer Antifa riots, BLM riots, WallStreet antics, Chaz zone antics?  C’mon Man.   Be smarter, come off the ledge and discuss things rationally.  

I'm not claiming that anybody that is not a Democrat is a radical. 

What I am saying is that the paranoid style is particularly potent on the political right. Right wing politicians have dismissed it for decades (and use it when necessary) , but Trump was shameless enough to tap into it to reveal the truth: paranoia on the right is a feature, not a bug. 

Voters like you didn't do the damage yesterday, but you enabled it. Trust me when I say, nobody is surprised by what happened yesterday. Other than R voters who voted for Trump thinking it wouldn't end this way. Did you really vote for Trump twice not realizing what he was?

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

It is huge, but I'm assuming that's the legal document needed to be given to the court removing themselves as representatives of the client.  I'm also assuming that if the client asks them to commit a crime, it's OK to put that in a court document as the reasons.

Maybe @QMany can clarify.

I mean, I'm no lawyer but it's common sense you don't put something like that in writing to a Judge if it's false. That's a legal document and part of public record. Your a$$ is on the line.

I'm trying to figure out if I would prefer 25th amendment or impeachement

Pros of each:

25th amendment - this would mean his cabinet and the people closest to him support his removal and it would have started from them.

Impeachment - it would put on record all the Senators and Representatives publicly on their support of it or not.  It would also prevent him from holding public office again.

Both wouldn't be completed in the next two weeks.  But, I read something earlier that made me believe that if they use the 25th Amendment, Pence becomes President immediately until the proceedings are completed.

I'm leaning towards the 25th Amendment because it seems like it would include more of the government like his cabinet members.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm trying to figure out if I would prefer 25th amendment or impeachement

Pros of each:

25th amendment - this would mean his cabinet and the people closest to him support his removal and it would have started from them.

Impeachment - it would put on record all the Senators and Representatives publicly on their support of it or not.  It would also prevent him from holding public office again.

Both wouldn't be completed in the next two weeks.  But, I read something earlier that made me believe that if they use the 25th Amendment, Pence becomes President immediately until the proceedings are completed.

I'm leaning towards the 25th Amendment because it seems like it would include more of the government like his cabinet members.

This is the same group that took 6 weeks to decide if they were going to give their own citizens $600 or $2,000 checks. Do we think they can pull off an impeachment in 12 days...? 

I think, if they take action, it would almost have to be the 25th Amendment.

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

This is the same group that took 6 weeks to decide if they were going to give their own citizens $600 or $2,000 checks. Do we think they can pull off an impeachment in 12 days...? 

I think, if they take action, it would almost have to be the 25th Amendment.

Well, like I said, neither would be done before his term is up.  But, impeachment can go forward after that to ensure he doesn't hold office again.  

Also, as I said, I think if they 25th amendment is invoked, Pence becomes acting President immediately.

So, if you want him out of power TODAY, it would need to be the 25th Amendment.

So, do you want immediate action of his removal of power, or long term solution for him to be gone from government forever?

OR....Maybe they can invoke the 25th now, and still impeach him for long term affect.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

That's the thing - if they think it's politically expedient, they can pass anything through congress in days.

• Plus1 2

I think he should be officially censured by both houses of congress and the 25th should be invoked. This should be immediate, just to get him out of power. At the very least, invoking the 25th is a matter of national security. Our entire government has been destabilized at this point.Anything that takes longer to develop than...well, right now...probably isn't going to happen at all before inauguration day.

Then, when Biden takes control, we already know (or suspect) that a flood of criminal and civil actions are coming at Trump. Hypothetically, can he be charged with sedition or any other federal crimes as a result of this siege, after he leaves office (assuming he is not pardoned)?

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

That's the thing - if they think it's politically expedient, they can pass anything through congress in days.

When does the new Senate officially begin with the Georgia Dems? The house can make their own rules, the Senate can make their own rules like Mitch did and get it done ASAP.

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

When does the new Senate officially begin with the Georgia Dems? The house can make their own rules, the Senate can make their own rules like Mitch did and get it done ASAP.

It won't be for a while. Georgia still has to certify the vote. Neither Loeffler nor Perdue have conceded.

Schumer can't take over until Ossof and Warnock are officially sworn in, which can't take place until after certification.

Nothing that could result in a Pence pardon of Trump would be good.  I want Trump behind bars.  Although immediate removal is definitely called for, logistically I don’t see it happening.  Look at how many R’s rejected the electorate.  No way they will remove him with less than 2 weeks left. Pence just doesn’t have it in him to do the 25th I’m guessing.  I’m still holding out hope for an Inauguration Day arrest and indictment.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

It won't be for a while. Georgia still has to certify the vote. Neither Loeffler nor Perdue have conceded.

Schumer can't take over until Ossof and Warnock are officially sworn in, which can't take place until after certification.

Pence is still deciding vote until Jan 20

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Nothing that could result in a Pence pardon of Trump would be good.  I want Trump behind bars.  Although immediate removal is definitely called for, logistically I don’t see it happening.  Look at how many R’s rejected the electorate.  No way they will remove him with less than 2 weeks left. Pence just doesn’t have it in him to do the 25th I’m guessing.  I’m still holding out hope for an Inauguration Day arrest and indictment.  

Trump could object and then it would take 2/3rd majority in both houses I believe for 25th scenario 

• Plus1 1