What is the future of the Republican Party?

On 5/1/2024 at 6:36 AM, commando said:

not the first time republicans have said that

Come on guys... They don't really want to over throw democracy. They're just uneducated and think that democrats invented democracy so it's the devil. We need to create a republicy government! 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

54 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This clip is from months ago.  He has since at least said he is retiring at the end of his term.

And good for him.  I totally get it, the idea that some people love their job and have that "ambition" and all that.  That is great, it really is, but there clearly comes a time when you just can't do it anymore.

Some of these guys are clearly getting up in the morning, getting help with getting dressed, pumped full of drugs, all to just try and keep them from acting like Bernie from the documentary Weekend at Bernies.

I played an early round of golf yesterday, had some beers and a shot at the turn.  Then out to lunch with my friends and then a quick Bday party.  I was home by 4:30PM and was wiped out.  I was in bed by 9.  

I can't imagine what these guys do just to make it through a regular day.

• Plus1 3

Meanwhile, one time VP candidate, Kristie, kill the dog, Noem is banned in 20% of her state for linking tribal leaders with the drug cartels.

She has gone full MAGA

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/south-dakota-gov-kristi-noem-is-now-barred-from-entering-nearly-20-of-her-state-report-says/ar-BB1mgFjA?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=be8922a379e34e36bfc98ba7b55f8ab8&ei=30

The governor has now been barred from land belonging to the Yankton Sioux Tribe and the Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate tribe, adding to her previous bans from the reservations of the Oglala, Rosebud, Cheyenne River, and Standing Rock Sioux tribes, per the report.

The moves mean Noem will be refused entry to the reservations of six out of the state's nine Native American tribes.

It follows her controversial remarks linking drug cartels and tribal leaders.

"We've got some tribal leaders that I believe are personally benefiting from the cartels being there, and that's why they attack me every day," Noem said at a forum, per the AP.

"But I'm going to fight for the people who actually live in those situations, who call me and text me every day and say, 'Please, dear governor, please come help us in Pine Ridge. We are scared,'" she added.

Tribes have slammed Noem's comments, with Oglala Sioux Tribe President Frank Star Comes Out, saying: "How dare the Governor allege that Sioux Tribal Councils do not care about their communities or their children, and, worse, that they are involved in nefarious activities?" the AP previously reported.

Standing Rock Sioux Tribe chairwoman Janet Alkire added: "Governor Kristi Noem's wild and irresponsible attempt to connect tribal leaders and parents with Mexican drug cartels is a sad reflection of her fear-based politics that do nothing to bring people together to solve problems."

Noem's strained relationship with the tribes predates her governorship, beginning with her support for antiprotest legislation following the Dakota Access Pipeline protests at Standing Rock in 2016.

Subsequent clashes over COVID-19 checkpoints exacerbated tensions between the governor and local tribes.

• Haha 1
  • Worth a Look 1