Covid-19 Vaccinations.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, I'm not surprised.  But, at least someone's getting the vaccine.  Hopefully someone is punished somehow.

I haven't looked into the following at all, but I've heard that there are squatters (for lack of a better term) that hang out at vaccination sites in case there are any leftover doses to be administered before they go bad? Since they can only last so long in regular refrigeration at the vaccination sites.

But, more to the point of your post, I've also heard of people using connections to get vaccines to random family members just because they can. I actually have one friend whose aunt used a hospital connection to get a vaccine so she could go to Mexico earlier this month, even though their aunt is in their late 30's with no pre-existing health conditions.<_<

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I haven't looked into the following at all, but I've heard that there are squatters (for lack of a better term) that hang out at vaccination sites in case there are any leftover doses to be administered before they go bad? Since they can only last so long in regular refrigeration at the vaccination sites.

But, more to the point of your post, I've also heard of people using connections to get vaccines to random family members just because they can. I actually have one friend whose aunt used a hospital connection to get a vaccine so she could go to Mexico earlier this month, even though their aunt is in their late 30's with no pre-existing health conditions.<_<

I actually don't have a problem with the bolded.  This is better than the vaccines going to waste.

As for your second paragraph.  That's very disappointing but I'm not surprised.  At least someone's getting the vaccine and adding to the vaccinated population.  That's better than the idiot antivaxers.  

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I actually don't have a problem with the bolded.  This is better than the vaccines going to waste.

As for your second paragraph.  That's very disappointing but I'm not surprised.  At least someone's getting the vaccine and adding to the vaccinated population.  That's better than the idiot antivaxers.  

My wife's company was telling her that since she works for a financial services company, that she should be able to say she's an essential worker and get bumped up in the COVID vaccine priority.  She has decided to not do that and she will "wait her turn" as a healthy woman in her mid 40s.  If there is an opportunity for corruption and favoritism in a process, people will definitely exploit that.  

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

FWIW, I'm good with it, too. I don't know if there would even be a better solution to avoid waste. It wouldn't be a good idea to ship at-risk individuals to these sites just for the off-chance they'll get a vaccination.

16 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Ya I also know someone healthy who got a leftover because of connections. But it would have gone to waste. I think things just aren't efficient enough yet to administer 100% of the vaccines, and there are probably some cancellations and no shows too.

Many pharmacies that are allowed to do Covid vaccines have an actual cancellation list of people to call, on short notice in case they have no-shows or canceled appointments. 

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

My wife's company was telling her that since she works for a financial services company, that she should be able to say she's an essential worker and get bumped up in the COVID vaccine priority.

I don't get it. I could see maybe grocery store workers coming after health workers but... banks? Most bank employees probably aren't tellers, and I'm guessing tellers are doing most of their work at the drive thru right now.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't get it. I could see maybe grocery store workers coming after health workers but... banks? Most bank employees probably aren't tellers, and I'm guessing tellers are doing most of their work at the drive thru right now.

My wife's company isn't even a bank, it's a credit card processing company.  Plus, she's been working from home for the past year and will be doing so for the foreseeable future.

My wife was talking to someone about it, and the other person said that his girlfriend works at a retail clothing store and that store is trying to say they are essential company with essential workers.

It would be nice if there were more guidelines, but with all of the vaccines being done at the local level, it's impossible to have consistent guidelines, even across multiple counties within the same state.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

My wife's company isn't even a bank, it's a credit card processing company.  Plus, she's been working from home for the past year and will be doing so for the foreseeable future.

My wife was talking to someone about it, and the other person said that his girlfriend works at a retail clothing store and that store is trying to say they are essential company with essential workers.

It would be nice if there were more guidelines, but with all of the vaccines being done at the local level, it's impossible to have consistent guidelines, even across multiple counties within the same state.

It will probably never be done in an ideal way but it should be based on whether you have to be around people and whether your job function is important. Like I could see public transportation or grocery store workers being next after health care, maybe bank tellers or loan officers or whatever they're called and restaurant/retail workers could be up there somewhere

But by the time they got it all figured out the vaccine will be distributed anyway. It is actually going pretty well but they keep showing percentages of the entire population, even though people under 16 aren't eligible. So they're reporting 13% but it's closer to 20% and we're only 2 months in. Then there is the fact not everyone will be willing to get it.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

My wife's company was telling her that since she works for a financial services company, that she should be able to say she's an essential worker and get bumped up in the COVID vaccine priority.  She has decided to not do that and she will "wait her turn" as a healthy woman in her mid 40s.  If there is an opportunity for corruption and favoritism in a process, people will definitely exploit that.  

I actually dont have a problem with people “cutting the line”. If your wife has an opportunity to get vaccinated, she should take it. Its one more person closer to herd immunity which will also help vulnerable people. 

26 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Why do we listen to a homophobic leftist liar like Joy “I was hacked” Reid about anything?  And as for the article she tweeted....Well it seems people are mad because DeSantis prioritized seniors for Covid vaccines :dunno.  Or me thinks it’s because the Leftist disinformation machine knows he will be a force in the 2024 Presidential Election against China Joe. 

Florida by all Demographic statistics should have a Top 3 Death toll from COVID-19, yet it is one of the most open states and in the bottom half for Covid fatalities per capita.  

Quotes from the Digital Trash:

“Chairwoman Baugh apologized for her role in organizing the Lakewood Ranch pop-up site. She said she believed she was following the governor’s directions about selecting areas that had a high concentration of seniors” 

“Baugh did not respond to messages left on her cellphone, but County Commissioner Whitmore, also a Republican, said the governor did not deserve the brunt of the blame. “I don’t care what party I am in, I am embarrassed that this happened,” Whitmore told The Daily Beast. “Now, I have never spoken with the governor and I didn’t attend the press conference, but he was set up. Commissioner Baugh took full responsibility.”

“We were initially getting 1,500 doses a week and then it went up to 2,000,” Whitmore said. “In the past month, it’s gone up from 4,000 a week to 5,100. We have seen an increase without even asking.”

• Plus1 1