Aim frustration at Big Ten

Redux

I saw our bowl opponent was projected to be Army, shrugged and went on with my day.  Later on I saw Nebraska opted to decline, liked the post and again carried on with my day.

For one, we didn't earn a bowl.  If you take the dark behind the stage crap out, a bowl is a reward.  Why reward such below average productivity?  Sure extra practice would've been nice, but so is spending the holidays with your family.

We haven't been bowling since 2016.  4 long years.  I thought it was an eternity in 2009 when we were only 10yrs removed from a conference title.  We're ALMOST halfway there just for a bowl game!  Which is even more alarming when .500 teams bowl these days.  I didn't want one this year, not this way.  Anyone crying about this needs to cool it and think about what accepting a bowl invite would really have meant.   Earn it next year.  There is no other option.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Redux said:

I saw our bowl opponent was projected to be Army, shrugged and went on with my day.  Later on I saw Nebraska opted to decline, liked the post and again carried on with my day.

For one, we didn't earn a bowl.  If you take the dark behind the stage crap out, a bowl is a reward.  Why reward such below average productivity?  Sure extra practice would've been nice, but so is spending the holidays with your family.

We haven't been bowling since 2015.  5 long years.  I thought it was an eternity in 2009 when we were only 10yrs removed from a conference title.  We're halfway there just for a bowl game!  Which is even more alarming when .500 teams bowl these days.  I didn't want one this year, not this way.  Anyone crying about this needs to cool it and think about what accepting a bowl invite would really have meant.   Earn it next year.  There is no other option.

2016 was our last bowl year.

• Plus1 1

The entire season, played without fans, across the country was done because college football is a big business. Without football these athletic departments would have been crushed. 

I can’t blame the kids for not wanting to play. They are not getting paid and have been asked to sacrifice more than most through this entire process. 

When we start paying these kids in line with the contributions they make then we can expect more from them. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I don't remember who on the board said this, but I will tag them if they/someone lets me know because I think it was an astute analogy.

I'm paraphrasing the original, but you know when a team has a rough first half of football, perhaps has a slim lead or deficit, gets the ball back with maybe 20-30 seconds left in the half and decides to take a knee to get to half time? This is sort of what Nebraska not playing a bowl game feels like this season. I don't begrudge them or any team who isn't in a position win a national title from deciding to lay low.

I'm also just a bit of a pessimist about bowl games and have been ever since they introduced the College Football Playoff. IMO, the goal every season should be Win the division > win the conference > win the CFP. A bowl game and the practices aren't a bad consolation in a normal year, but in 2020, it wouldn't be the same. Finishing the Rutgers game the way they did may as well have been a bowl game, and there are so many issues with this team, I'm not sure what an extra week of practices and a game against a mediocre team would've really accomplished.

• Plus1 1

Meanwhile 50+ teams ARE going to play in a bowl game.  That is 50+ teams that still have their balls.  So tired of the "we don't deserve a bowl game" defeatists.  Or "why play a bowl game at all" defeatists.  No one knows what the future holds, you take every opportunity as if it is your last.   Do you honestly think Frost and his staff or even the players of this team think they could beat Army?  They all knew this would most likely be another loss (making for a long off-season of doubt/criticism from the fans and media) and opted to tuck-tail and run.  Most are clueless to the downward spiral this great state's football program has locked into since Scott/Moos took over.  When it is finally realized by the majority, it will be too late.   Don't worry, Scott and Moos will move to a tropical area and enjoy those 'hard earned' millions...

Untitled.png

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Bledred said:

Meanwhile 50+ teams ARE going to play in a bowl game.  That is 50+ teams that still have their balls.  So tired of the "we don't deserve a bowl game" defeatists.  Or "why play a bowl game at all" defeatists.  No one knows what the future holds, you take every opportunity as if it is your last.   Do you honestly think Frost and his staff or even the players of this team think they could beat Army?  They all knew this would most likely be another loss (making for a long off-season of doubt/criticism from the fans and media) and opted to tuck-tail and run.  Most are clueless to the downward spiral this great state's football program has locked into since Scott/Moos took over.  When it is finally realized by the majority, it will be too late.   Don't worry, Scott and Moos will move to a tropical area and enjoy those 'hard earned' millions...

Untitled.png

This is the type of attitude that doesn't care about players, their families or their future.  But it's disguised as "winning mentality".

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Bledred said:

This is a parody account, like Carson or the guy who was going to jump in the dredge, right?

• Plus1 1