The Angry Violent Left

30 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I see many independent viewpoints on here daily. We do seem to all be in agreement about one thing though. In that way, Trump really has helped us come together. People from all sides of the political spectrum can agree Donald Trump is a terrible person to represent the United States as our President.

I don’t think you understand the definition of the word. Aside from a small handful of us, everyone here seems to post in lockstep. It’s frankly kind of embarrassing. It’s kind of like what caucuses would have been like if Saddam Hussein had allowed them in Iraq....a whole bunch of people standing around agreeing with each other about what a great guy he was. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don’t think you understand the definition of the word. Aside from a small handful of us, everyone here seems to post in lockstep. It’s frankly kind of embarrassing. It’s kind of like what caucuses would have been like if Saddam Hussein had allowed them in Iraq....a whole bunch of people standing around agreeing with each other about what a great guy he was. 

I think you have it confused. The only people I see posting in lockstep are those in support of Trump. Everyone else has pretty varying opinions. TGHusker does not like Trump but supported Kavanaugh. I've disagreed with BRBs and Knapps views and many others as well. But I suppose you are right in a sense, though it is hard not to be in lock step when calling a spade a spade.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Actually, most would agree Hussein was an asshole. We're kind of like that about Trump.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree Ric....it is embarrassing...a small group of 10 or 12 protesters who hate Trump will not accept the reality that he is winning on many fronts...economic growth and jobs, improvements in fighting terrorism, making more progress with N Korea than his predecessor did in 8 years, improving trade deals on many fronts with more to come, etc...  Other world leaders may not like him as much as Obama as they know he is not a pushover like Obama was. 

Some of these posters who claim to be Independent rarely would take a proactive stance to attack or criticize Obama despite his policies being worthy of criticism.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Lockstep ? Really? You and hn1 are the ones I see posting in lockstep . You post word for word straight from the Trumpism / Right Wing  handbook , little if any original thought at all.  There have been many other posts, that differed on many levels here. 

8 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

Lockstep ? Really? You and hn1 are the ones I see posting in lockstep . You post word for word straight from the Trumpism / Right Wing  handbook , little if any original thought at all.  There have been many other posts, that differed on many levels here. 

We're noticeable in the same way a Republican is on Morning Joe. We stand out because we're different. Almost else here is essentially posting the same crap, while they congratulate themselves and each other about what wonderful free thinkers they are.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
13 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think you have it confused. The only people I see posting in lockstep are those in support of Trump. Everyone else has pretty varying opinions. TGHusker does not like Trump but supported Kavanaugh. I've disagreed with BRBs and Knapps views and many others as well. But I suppose you are right in a sense, though it is hard not to be in lock step when calling a spade a spade.

When you assume he's a spade. There's a whole big universe of opinions out there that this Bubble Board is rarely exposed to. You've worked hard to make this your safe space where your opinions will rarely if ever be challenged.

And that's sad.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

When you assume he's a spade. There's a whole big universe of opinions out there that this Bubble Board is rarely exposed to. You've worked hard to make this your safe space where your opinions will rarely if ever be challenged.

And that's sad.

More people disapprove than approve of the President. That is in a poll of the country, not just this board. So there are alot of people beyond this board that support this position. I am well aware there are differing opininions out there and I am not afraid to disagree with them. I am in no need of a safe space.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree Ric....it is embarrassing...a small group of 10 or 12 protesters who hate Trump will not accept the reality that he is winning on many fronts...economic growth and jobs, improvements in fighting terrorism, making more progress with N Korea than his predecessor did in 8 years, improving trade deals on many fronts with more to come, etc...  Other world leaders may not like him as much as Obama as they know he is not a pushover like Obama was. 

Some of these posters who claim to be Independent rarely would take a proactive stance to attack or criticize Obama despite his policies being worthy of criticism.

Economic growth is a continuation of what Obama did for 8 years.

What improvements in fighting terrorism?

Kim played Trump like a fiddle. Got exactly what he wanted while giving up nothing in return.

Imposing tariffs and pulling out of partnerships, we'll see how this one turns out.

Two separate dictators have made Trump look like a damned fool and you take that as being strong?

History is going to be very cruel to this administration. Don't be on the wrong side of history.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It’s amazing to hear those posters blather about what a bunch of independent thinkers they are and then see them constantly posting their liberal drivel like those wackadoo women from The View. 

Some Grade A blathering drivel here.

5 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I dont agree with that and I am sure he does not as well when he was in his mid-20s back in an era when there was more racism and intolerance. I am 40 now and am sure I did or said some dumb things in my 20s. I am have more wisdom now than I did in my 20s.  My views and beliefs have changed a bit too over time.  

Would Jackson have invited him to the Rainbow event in 1999 if he believed he believed he was racist. Would millions of minorities have supported him in 2016 if they felt he was racist?

This seems a very very far ways away from, "Yes, he is a racist", or at least, "Yes, that is racist behavior."

You are sure he doesn't agree with that? Why? Has he ever said that he doesn't agree with it? Has he ever apologized or expressed remorse. Has he ever admitted that that was a mistake he made as a foolish younger person? He's proven to be a racist who acts in racists ways in the past. But you.... don't think he's a racist? Based on what actual evidence? Has he shown that he has changed? Has he renounced his old ways? Has he demonstrated any new conviction? 

I am sure that Bill Cosby doesn't agree with the rapes he committed in the 60's and 70's, in an era where there was more disrespect towards and inequality for women. I am 29 now and am sure I did some dumb things in my earlier 20s. I am have more wisdom than I did in my 20s. My views and beliefs have changed a bit too over time.

11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I mean....I've spoken out fairly often about being critical of Trump.  So, that makes me an angry leftists.

Does that mean then anyone who spoke out fairly often about being critical of Obama or Hillary is an angry rightist?

Since I've criticized all of the above, does that make me an angry left-rightist or an angry right-leftist?

6 hours ago, Landlord said:

Some Grade A blathering drivel here.

This seems a very very far ways away from, "Yes, he is a racist", or at least, "Yes, that is racist behavior."

You are sure he doesn't agree with that? Why? Has he ever said that he doesn't agree with it? Has he ever apologized or expressed remorse. Has he ever admitted that that was a mistake he made as a foolish younger person? He's proven to be a racist who acts in racists ways in the past. But you.... don't think he's a racist? Based on what actual evidence? Has he shown that he has changed? Has he renounced his old ways? Has he demonstrated any new conviction? 

I am sure that Bill Cosby doesn't agree with the rapes he committed in the 60's and 70's, in an era where there was more disrespect towards and inequality for women. I am 29 now and am sure I did some dumb things in my earlier 20s. I am have more wisdom than I did in my 20s. My views and beliefs have changed a bit too over time.

Sure I dont think he is a racist...just ask the hundreds if not thousands of minorities that have worked for him and spoken highly of him over the years. Look at other black leaders such as Jesse Jackson that have partnered with him on minority causes over the years or those black leaders that now support him today. He has spoken more to minority causes as a GOP President than any other POTUS I can remember.  I realize this does not fit your narrative though. A common tactic people use when they cant debate on the issues is to hurl labels such as someone is racist or sexist....and its really just a sign of weakness for the person making the accusation.

• Plus1 1