Insurrection fallout

What we are going to find out soon enough is that a number of House Republicans sought pardons from Trump after Jan 6th.  Can anyone think of a reason why someone who is clean would need a pardon?

Should we have a pool?  Someone want to lay odds on these or others?

Gaetz?

Gosar?

Perry?

Jordan?

Boebert?

Greene?

Clyde?

I wonder why coach Ron Rivera downplayed the summer of riots in 2020?  He talks about lives being lost Jan 6th (it’s actually one life, a rioter.  The rest were health complications) yet talks nothing of the 30+ lives lost during the 2020 riots.   Both riot situations were bad and him saying one was peaceful makes him sound like a virtue signaling clown. 

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I wonder why coach Ron Rivera downplayed the summer of riots in 2020?  He talks about lives being lost Jan 6th (it’s actually one life, a rioter.  The rest were health complications) yet talks nothing of the 30+ lives lost during the 2020 riots.   Both riot situations were bad and him saying one was peaceful makes him sound like a virtue signaling clown. 

Trying to build a false equivalency I see?  Right-wing talking point.

Yes the riots were bad and should be condemned but let me know when you have evidence of a vast conspiracy from the riots to overturn our democracy

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Trying to build a false equivalency I see?  Right-wing talking point.

Yes the riots were bad and should be condemned but let me know when you have evidence of a vast conspiracy from the riots to overturn our democracy

I’m not equating the two things, you are:dunno   I’m asking why he said one was peaceful when it CLEARLY wasn’t.  Why can’t he just say both situations were shameful?   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I’m not equating the two things, you are:dunno   I’m asking why he said one was peaceful when it CLEARLY wasn’t.  Why can’t he just say both situations were shameful?   

Both the riots and 1/6 were shameful.  I get what you’re saying, but I think he was speaking to who he thinks is his audience if you know what I mean.  It seems that these days, people who are public figures, try to speak to who they think is listening or who they don’t want to outrage the most.   

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Both the riots and 1/6 were shameful.  I get what you’re saying, but I think he was speaking to who he thinks is his audience if you know what I mean.  It seems that these days, people who are public figures, try to speak to who they think is listening or who they don’t want to outrage the most.   

I agree with you 100% 

• Thanks 1

Part of me wishes TFG would have won. Then he'd be dealing with the economic fallout of the Covid situation he screwed up. The Republican talking point of "derr we manage money better" would be blown to hell and we'd be 2 years away from the idiot being termed out and never heard from again. Unless he got impeached a 3rd time and it finally stuck. 

• Plus1 1

The latest gaslighting from the seditionists is that they asked for pardons after Jan 6th because they knew the Dems were going to undertake a witch-hunt.   :facepalm:

And the cult is eating it up.

I'm not sure that'll hold up in court though.  I'm also confused as to why they'd know the Democrats were going to come after tourists and Antifa.

• Plus1 2