Economy

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

LOL….you call him not credible but use the same data :laughpound

I wonder if the $200 billion increase in CCdebt since 2021 is any indication of people’s cash balances.  

Hmmmm...you don't see an annomole in the chart he posted?  Hmmmm....I wonder what was happening around that time all over the world.  What makes ZeroHedge's tweet idiotic is that he purposely cut off the part of the chart that @RedDenver where it shows that it is now back to way closer to historical levels.

I just can't put my finger on what could have happened all of a sudden in early 2020 that had everyone saving their money over the next couple years.  Can you help me with that?

5 minutes ago, Fru said:

Good points. Context matters. When a pandemic interrupts normal spending habits, the folks with the means to do so are of course going to put it towards savings. 

Prior to the Covid spike saving trends appear very stagnated. The giant spike in 2020 wasn’t the result of some illustrious Trump policy. It was because there weren’t any T Swift concerts or Amalfi coast trips to go on.

Also....this really shows why inflation spiked up.  People had more money so they were buying a lot of stuff driving up demand...thus driving up prices.  

But......it's all Biden's fault.:facepalm:

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Also....this really shows why inflation spiked up.  People had more money so they were buying a lot of stuff driving up demand...thus driving up prices.  

Right. When life starts to return to normal, folks will spend more and put less towards savings. This isn’t the elaborate “gotcha” that it’s being made out to be. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hmmmm...you don't see an annomole in the chart he posted?  Hmmmm....I wonder what was happening around that time all over the world.  What makes ZeroHedge's tweet idiotic is that he purposely cut off the part of the chart that @RedDenver where it shows that it is now back to way closer to historical levels.

I just can't put my finger on what could have happened all of a sudden in early 2020 that had everyone saving their money over the next couple years.  Can you help me with that?

Hmmmmmmm…..ya I can help with that if you are willing. 

Covid!    It’s the point you purposely missed in order to try and argue again.    The free money is being exhausted and Rogers’s economy isn’t allowing people to keep up with the historic levels of spending.   Kinda what was originally posted.  :dunno

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But…..But….no it’s not as has been said here before.   The Fed was clueless as usual and didn’t raise rates during Trump admin, The Trump admin shutdown and freebies started a brushfire for inflation to begin.  The dips#!t Roger and the Washington politicians decided to pour gas on that fire.   THATS why inflation is where it is.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

But…..But….no it’s not as has been said here before.   The Fed was clueless as usual and didn’t raise rates during Trump admin, The Trump admin shutdown and freebies started a brushfire for inflation to begin.  The dips#!t Roger and the Washington politicians decided to pour gas on that fire.   THATS why inflation is where it is.  

That doesn't dispute what I said.  I said they had more money.  So did you.

23 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Yep.   And so did the data I posted.   Yet you tried to argue once again:facepalm:

The dispute is every time you try to claim all of it is Biden's fault and everything is horrible because Biden is in office.  Meanwhile, one hell of a lot of what you try to claim is his fault, he didn't have control over.

When restaurants were shuttered, bars were closed, movie theaters, sporting events and live performances were cancelled, vacation travel was suspended, and gasoline consumption was hugely curtailed, I discovered that I spent a lot less and had more money in the bank. 

I did buy a jigsaw puzzle online. 

• TBH 3
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

LOL….you call him not credible but use the same data :laughpound

31 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Yep.   And so did the data I posted.   Yet you tried to argue once again:facepalm:

The data might be correct, but neither you nor zerohedge has linked to the source. There's just an image of a graph with a JP Morgan annotation. I searched for the source of that graph but was unable to find it, and what I did find suggests that graph is incorrect or misleading.

Link to the source and then we can all see it for ourselves.

11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

When restaurants were shuttered, bars were closed, movie theaters, sporting events and live performances were cancelled, vacation travel was suspended, and gasoline consumption was hugely curtailed, I discovered that I spent a lot less and had more money in the bank. 

I did buy a jigsaw puzzle online. 

Yes...and that's a big part that @Archy1221 is ignoring while he's on his crusade to blame everything on Biden.

People then took that savings....from not being able to do anything else....and started spending.

27 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Groceries are insane.  No one can argue that.

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The dispute is every time you try to claim all of it is Biden's fault and everything is horrible because Biden is in office.  Meanwhile, one hell of a lot of what you try to claim is his fault, he didn't have control over.

It’s not me dude.  We’ve seen Roger take credit for the economy.   Roger takes credit for the economy.  Bidenomics if you haven’t heard.   Never mind, you’ve actually posted it.  

• TBH 1