** 2021 Opponent Previews : Buffalo (Game 3) **

15 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Having Liewer above Manning is just insane. 

Is it possible that these things are part of a plan...They think that they can/could get by using some players and that they will/would be used in upcoming games. For the purpose of development and to avoid injuries reserving them for stronger competition...Sometimes these decisions are a mystery to me as well. I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as many of you are. Maybe that's their reasoning? I wonder too if they're in the process of building Manning's confidence with respect to him. 

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... weren't you the guy insisting Falck would be our leading receiver?  ;)

Yep. I’ll own it. A mid spring take if I remember right. I didn’t believe in the Omar hype at the time. Nor did I think martin was gonna be as promising! I would still take Falck over Liewer at this time. But currently I don’t think Liewer, Falck, or Belt should play more than 2-3 snaps a game. 

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Is it possible that these things are part of a plan...They think that they can/could get by using some players and that they will/would be used in upcoming games. For the purpose of development and to avoid injuries reserving them for stronger competition...Sometimes these decisions are a mystery to me as well. I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as many of you are. Maybe that's their reasoning? I wonder too if they're in the process of building Manning's confidence with respect to him. 

Illinois was strong competition and we still didn't play them. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Illinois was strong competition and we still didn't play them. 

Believed Illinois strong competition. A fairly strong opponent anyway. Now I'm not so sure. Oklahoma, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa is what I was meaning. Some of those are going to be brutal. We'd better be loaded for those. You'd have thought though that at least some of them would've been playing against Illinois.  

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, M.A. said:

Believed Illinois strong competition. A fairly strong opponent anyway. Now I'm not so sure. Oklahoma, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa is what I was meaning. Some of those are going to be brutal. We'd better be loaded for those. You'd have thought though that at least some of them would've been playing against Illinois.  

I meant relative to Nebraska. Illinois is bad team,  we just happen to be worse. 

• Plus1 1