** 2021 Opponent Previews : Buffalo (Game 3) **

I will feel better about our chances going forward if Nebraska covers the spread (which I’m not convinced will happen). And if Frost makes some adjustments which show he knows what is going on, like using Stepp as the #1 back (I think he clearly has been). Like not using CTB on PR. 3 brain farts is enough of a chance. Like cutting back on Liewer and getting Martin, Betts, & Manning more involved. And keep throwing it Toure’s way.  Noticeable improvement from the OL. And for god’s sake, play a complete game. I don’t know when the last time was this team has played more than 2.5 quarters of football in one game. IMO that is a coaching issue. Start prepared, play well the whole first half and don’t come out of halftime in a coma and then step on their neck. So, win by 14+ and clean up the BS. I don’t think that is too much to ask playing Buffalo.

BTW, my money (which I hope to lose) is on Buffalo +14. I’ll be happy if Frost proves me wrong.

• Plus1 4

19 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

He is, but his plays where very basic, and if he comes in and misses a block his a$$ will be back on the bench.  With that said, he is a big boy.  

But my thought was to use him in short yardage situations or near the goal line where they know he will get the ball and blocking isn't required.

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, hunter49 said:

if Buffalo breaks on top by 10 or more, we are done.

Adrian will start forcing the ball.

It's not that I disagree with this view ...

But really think about how true this is ... and see the state of the program.  We are playing Buffalo ... not the Bills, but the Bulls.  If we get down by 10 points our four year starter will begin to force the ball.  Our young and good OL won't control the line against a smaller school to open up holes when needed.

Even we, as fans, are saying it's over if we get down by 10 points ... TO BUFFALO.  This isn't OU or OSU, it's BUFFALO.  

Obviously, one side of me says, Hunter49, wait just a second, there is a whole game, four quarters of play.  You can't say that if we get down by 10 points it's over.  And yet, with all our mistakes ... who really knows.  None of us know.  I enjoyed the optimism that came out of the Fordham game.   Frankly, I think whatever confidence was gained is probably more of a phantom or shadow towards any real success ... but that is why I don't want to have a Fordham game under the players belts.  I don't think those types of games are going to prepare us for B1G play.  They just provide a team like us and where we are at with a padded W.  There is no glory in that win for a fan like me [it is more of a humbling thing].  I can't stomach it ... so much so, I didn't watch the game nor any of the highlights.  I'm just dead to it.

My perceptions are that most of the board realizes that we really aren't good enough to be in the Top 3 of the West in the B1G ... and that this game is a toss-up.  It will come down to our mistakes.  In other words, we are good enough to control our destiny in this one and win ... BUT WILL WE.  So, I can't say we win ... even against Buffalo.  This is why emotionally it's tough to get involved because I know what the coaching staff lacks in preparing and then making adjustments to the other team and/or any botched mistakes.

Good luck Big Red in this one.  I'll check in on the score in this one ... but don't think I will watch it.

57 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Do we know if Martin and Vokolek will be available for this game?

I would love for Martin, Manning, Allen, Vokolek and Betts to all be healthy and play together for a game before OU.

Sounded like Martin is 50/50.  Probably not Vokolek this week.  Both expected back for Oklahoma, though.

• Plus1 1

Man, I just looked up who Wagner is. Their stadium seats 3300 - and that's over 1000 more than their whole student body. Out of 358 D-1 schools, they're the 7th smallest. Fordham is more than seven times their size.