QB Daniel Kaelin

HuskerBoard Predictor  

28 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Kaelin commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

QBs transfer all the time.

So, if it were me, I would go to a decent program and where I thought I was going to get the best coaching my freshman year.  What other top QBs are in the room would be way down the list of priorities.  

Not only coaching, but the chance to practice with and learn from two 5* qb's isn't an opportunity that comes along very often.

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, brophog said:

If we look at top rated QBs over the past few years, then there's a better than average chance Raiola eventually transfers.

I feel very argumentative in this thread and I don't want to be but I feel I'm fighting against a wave of very short term thinking that is in no way indicative of how college football actually is functioning right now.

This article on QB transfers has some insane stats on how ridiculously prolific QB transfers have become.

I can understand that but not many of the QBs transferring have an uncle on staff or have the family connections to the university quite like his. A transfer is certainly possible, especially given the HS track record in that regard. But I just don't envision that being a serious consideration for at least a year or two, if not longer as a worst case scenario.

16 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I can understand that but not many of the QBs transferring have an uncle on staff or have the family connections to the university quite like his.

I think the family thing gets overplayed. Certainly it got our foot in the door, but we're a week away from signing day and he's still committed to another school, and that wasn't even his first choice.  Frost probably could have done more to have put us in a much better position years ago, but I don't think it can be denied Dylan and his familty have taken a very business type approach this.

Rhule probably wont be fired anytime soon because that buyout would be obscene but there's lots of way this could go south, including firing other members of the staff. There's just so many situations where Dylan isn't the roadblock to Kaelin's playing time and so many situations where people at another school potentially could be.

I just like the guy and hope he's looking at the bigger picture and not running off to play somewhere he doesn't want to really play at when there's so many potential scenarios where this isn't maybe the detriment it may appear at first glance.

• Plus1 1

• Mavric changed the title to QB Daniel Kaelin