B1G Payout Going Up Nearly $10M

To keep the thread on topic, I for one can't wait to see how the universities just completely light this money on fire.  The school are spending money like drunken sailors and I guess the good news for us is we've got the drunkiest drunken sailor at AD since Bob Devaney!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I was talking to some people who were visiting Chicago from LA.  They kept telling me they were going to eat at Por tee yo's.  I had no idea what they were talking about.  They kept explaining and I was like ohh Portillo's.  Then they said No Por tee yo's in Spanish double L's are Y's.  I said well its the guy's last name and it's Portillo's, welcome to Chicago 

We have a pizza place in Tulsa that is owned by "native Chicagoians".  The best hot dogs and deep, deep dish pizza. The pizzas are named after some Chicago places or event. They have Chicago stuff on the walls  So they have Cubs games on all TV the time and also the Bears and Bulls.  It is where I like to go to watch the road to the final 4 on big screen while eating something and drinking something good.

http://www.savastanospizzeria.com/gallery.php#!prettyPhoto

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

We have a pizza place in Tulsa that is owned by "native Chicagoians".  The best hot dogs and deep, deep dish pizza. The pizzas are named after some Chicago places or event. They have Chicago stuff on the walls  So they have Cubs games on all TV the time and also the Bears and Bulls.  It is where I like to go to watch the road to the final 4 on big screen while eating something and drinking something good.

http://www.savastanospizzeria.com/gallery.php#!prettyPhoto

Next time I'm in the Jenks area, I may give this place a look! 

On 6/23/2021 at 10:17 AM, hskrfan4life said:

It was in the rule book. I get it, everyone's out to get Nebraska but sometimes things are in the rule book.

Except that the exact same rules weren't being applied when Nebraska or Texas had the ball the prior 59:59. 

Not to mention, it's questionable at best whether or not the ball hit the ground with time on the clock. 

This was the epitome of a screw job, whether you want to accept it or not. It just wasn't as blatant as the aTm screw job when we were leaving the conference. 

• Plus1 3

9 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Except that the exact same rules weren't being applied when Nebraska or Texas had the ball the prior 59:59. 

That's because the rule uses the word 'egregious'. There's nothing 'egregious' about the difference between 11:51 and 11:52 in the second quarter. 

9 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Not to mention, it's questionable at best whether or not the ball hit the ground with time on the clock. 

I don't think so man. Seems obvious to everyone in the world except a small minority of our fans that that ball hit a railing with at least 1 second left.

• Haha 1
On 6/17/2021 at 3:27 PM, Mavric said:

So the amount is going up to what the number was in 2019- big whoop. Only reason its going up is because the number tanked in 2020, thanks to Kevin Warrens total mismanagement of the league. 

Lets all quit carrying Warrens water for him, its almost embarrassing what lengths some will stoop to to make this incompetent boob look "good".

We hoped he would do well- he was a colossal failure, time to move on to someone else before the TV deal gets negotiated.  Supporting him is kind of like when your child is 13 and you let him win on purpose in cards or horse etc. It's embarrassing, no one is fooled. Warren is grown man, he's failed, let him fail. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So where is the best place to order Portillos and/or Lou Malnatis from? Taste of Chicago or Goldbelly….or somewhere else.

Ive been meaning to do this for quite awhile but never have had it shipped. It doesnt look like Goldbelly even has Portillos Italian Beef. Im leaning towards Taste of Chicago and getting a package with both Ital Beef and Lou’s pizzas.

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

So where is the best place to order Portillos and/or Lou Malnatis from? Taste of Chicago or Goldbelly….or somewhere else.

Ive been meaning to do this for quite awhile but never have had it shipped. It doesnt look like Goldbelly even has Portillos Italian Beef. Im leaning towards Taste of Chicago and getting a package with both Ital Beef and Lou’s pizzas.

Go to portillos web site. It’s over nighted on dry ice. 

• Plus1 1

47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ha. I didn’t even think about going direct to the source. It does look to be a bit cheaper that way, if you just want Italian Beef. However, I think I’m going to do Tastes of Chicago and get a package with the beef and 2 Lou’s pizzas.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Do Portillos.  100 dollars will feed like 6-8 I think.

7 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Ha. I didn’t even think about going direct to the source. It does look to be a bit cheaper that way, if you just want Italian Beef. However, I think I’m going to do Tastes of Chicago and get a package with the beef and 2 Lou’s pizzas.

We have never ordered the pizza.  I make my own Chicago style.  

20 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Do Portillos.  100 dollars will feed like 6-8 I think.

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

this is bad... I guess because I make it a point to get Portillo's anytime I am back near Chicago I never knew they shipped food.  Now I'm sitting here contemplating ordering 8 Italian beef sandwiches lol

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

this is bad... I guess because I make it a point to get Portillo's anytime I am back near Chicago I never knew they shipped food.  Now I'm sitting here contemplating ordering 8 Italian beef sandwiches lol

Yeah…..I buy them for the office. Now I’m thinking I need to do it again.  

AND…..I just scored Cubs vs white Sox tickets in august….so, I’m going to get both Italian beef and pizza.  :horns2