Tangent Thread - Pizza and Taco Edition

8 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I'm slight lean for Godfather's over Vals but man, Godfathers is just so darn expensive.  For essentially the same price of a large taco pizza I can get two pies from Brick Oven Pizza by NFM which is arguably the best pizza in Omaha.  I still break down at least once or twice a year and get the Taco mind you, just have to get all the ingredients on the side because there is no worse pizza than Taco pizza the next day if you forget to take the lettuce and tomatoes off.  

That Brick Oven place is super good.  That place, Lighthouse on 72nd and Pacific and Franks are all really good.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

Seems in vogue to bash Val's these days....  been awhile since I've had it, but the last time it was still as good as it ever was, in my mind. But I used to go to the one in Ogallala on the way back to Denver; maybe in Lincoln it is not the same anymore.  In Ogallala I'd get a freshly made one in a mostly empty store, so maybe they put more love into it.

Same here. Ogallala Val’s is the only one I’ve had in the last 25 years (except in the stadium) and it seems to be just as good as ever. Get one almost every time on our way back to Colorado.  Have also had good luck with Godfathers in Columbus and at the gas station in Sutherland. And there are now two Godfather’s Express in Greeley and they’re both pretty good.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

That Brick Oven place is super good.  That place, Lighthouse on 72nd and Pacific and Franks are all really good.

Yup, Lighthouse has a great niche with their monster slices.  The sparky is really tasty.  My last 4 trips to Franks have generally been really great, especially if you're dining in when it comes straight out of the oven.  I tried picking up a combo and then driving home and it just didn't quite hold up as well.  While it was still tasty, I think it was probably a mistake trying to go Franks with 4+ toppings and then taking it home, just a bit too thin.

4 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

Seems in vogue to bash Val's these days....  been awhile since I've had it, but the last time it was still as good as it ever was, in my mind. But I used to go to the one in Ogallala on the way back to Denver; maybe in Lincoln it is not the same anymore.  In Ogallala I'd get a freshly made one in a mostly empty store, so maybe they put more love into it.

It’s still good pizza.  Just not as good as 30 years ago at the original on Holdrege. 

50 minutes ago, GSG said:

If you are getting your pizza from a gas station just go ahead and jump off a cliff cuz you're a loser

Hey buddy.  We’ve been getting Godfathers from gas stations almost exclusively for a year. But I sort of classify Vals and Godfathers in a different category than “pizza”. Around here if we want “pizza” we’re getting it from Roma’s, Fonta’s or Santeramo’s. However, if we want a taste of home, then it’s Godfathers or Vals.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
14 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Hey buddy.  We’ve been getting Godfathers from gas stations almost exclusively for a year. But I sort of classify Vals and Godfathers in a different category than “pizza”. Around here if we want “pizza” we’re getting it from Roma’s, Fonta’s or Santeramo’s. However, if we want a taste of home, then it’s Godfathers or Vals.

:lol: that was mostly aimed at the Casey's chumps

• Oh Yeah! 1