Tangent Thread - Pizza and Taco Edition

26 minutes ago, funhusker said:

As of about 15 years ago it was the same pizza.  I worked at the Vals at 70th and Havelock and we’d have to run things to them if they started running low.

The main difference would be the stadium pizza isn’t fresh.  It sits in warmers for a few hours before the game even starts…

And that might be why I like it more.  I've always thought it was odd (or maybe I'm just odd) but I actually don't like Val's as much when it's hot out of the oven.  On their buffet, I'll actually choose the one that's been sitting there for awhile as opposed to the fresh one if I have the option.  No idea why.  I don't notice that anywhere else.  :dunno

I like NY style that you can fold the slices, with lost of gooey cheese and some grease. I rarely get fixins on my pizza, unless it's pepperoni, for that extra grease flava.

At my house, I buy premaid pizza dough from the supermarket. All I got to do is, crack open a beer, have fun, addd sauce (tomato or ranch), then pizza cheese blend, then my favorite go-to fixins - sliced tomatoes, black olives and mushrooms.  Bake it up and it's delicious. 

Ground beef is also good to add before baking,  if you browned it the day before and put in freezer.  

Back in the day I used to buy frozen pizzas and then doctor them up before baking.  Reserved ground beef always made it better.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yep, Vals is a 100x better than Totinos. Totinos is piece of cardboard with sauce, 15 shreds of cheese and half a pepperoni on top. The only reason you buy Totinos is because you have $20 and spent $17 on a rack of Keystones and need something to munch on later. 

Ahh yes my typical Tuesday night.... sometimes I doctor it up and cook it on the grill though. It's actually pretty dang good 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I’m impressed that there is more time devoted here to pizza than the topic title.

And y’all are nuts. Vals and Godfathers are both way better than any frozen cardboard crap. Vals in the stadium is seemingly better only because you’ve been pregame drinking heavily, sometimes for hours, and about anything would taste good at that point. Vals Special and Godfathers Classic Combo are awesome. Sure there are many better pizzas out there but these two have their place.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

29 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m impressed that there is more time devoted here to pizza than the topic title.

And y’all are nuts. Vals and Godfathers are both way better than any frozen cardboard crap. Vals in the stadium is seemingly better only because you’ve been pregame drinking heavily, sometimes for hours, and about anything would taste good at that point. Vals Special and Godfathers Classic Combo are awesome. Sure there are many better pizzas out there but these two have their place.

Godfathers Taco Pizza or bust, for me. 

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, lo country said:

Since Frost appears safe, I'll throw out another question.

Taco Johns or Taco Bell?  I'm a fan of Taco Johns even though it's been years.  I'd love some Potato Ole's!

I always preferred Taco Johns way above Taco Hell…….until we got a Del Taco. But Super Potato Ole’s are legit.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

5 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Some people find out they're lactose intolerant and give up dairy for the rest of their life.

I found out I'm lactose intolerant and just accepted that my stomach will always hurt.

lactaid is your friend.

5 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Godfathers Taco Pizza or bust, for me. 

5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Absolutely, their taco pizza is also excellent.

why the hell anyone wants a salad on their pizza is beyond me. i will never understand the popularity of that pizza.

5 hours ago, lo country said:

Taco Johns or Taco Bell?  I'm a fan of Taco Johns even though it's been years.  I'd love some Potato Ole's!

6 pack and a pound. TJ's has the only tacos i dont have to add taco sauce to to make them taste edible. Now if you say taco john's or del taco, that's a tough choice. i'll actually eat something other than tacos at del taco.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:05 AM, knapplc said:

tTBMj7X.png

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yep, Vals is a 100x better than Totinos. Totinos is piece of cardboard with sauce, 15 shreds of cheese and half a pepperoni on top. The only reason you buy Totinos is because you have $20 and spent $17 on a rack of Keystones and need something to munch on later. 

tenor.gif

19 hours ago, lo country said:

This one is tough, as they both have their place. Potato Oles are tasty, but my goodness the salt is insane on those. 

I'm going to vote "Amigos at 2 in the morning walking home to campus from the bars".