What are your plans for the Illini game?

I’ll be watching at home with my wife and son. Got 2 whole fresh buffalo tenderloins today so at some point on Saturday going to carve off 2 or 3 filets which I’ll grill and going to try smoking the rest of it. Saving the 2nd one for a little later in the season. I am excite about the tenderloins…..and the game too. Also got a new bloody mary mix (Real Dill) gonna try. Bloodys are kind of my game day morning thing.

44 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I sort of wish we had picked this as our road game now.  The atmosphere was great last time and with the students getting back on campus I imagine it will be a blast this weekend.

Is Norman going to be your road game this year?

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I’ll be watching at home with my wife and son. Got 2 whole fresh buffalo tenderloins today so at some point on Saturday going to carve off 2 or 3 filets which I’ll grill and going to try smoking the rest of it. Saving the 2nd one for a little later in the season. I am excite about the tenderloins…..and the game too. Also got a new bloody mary mix (Real Dill) gonna try. Bloodys are kind of my game day morning thing.

My bloody consumption has skyrocketed with all these 11 and noon kicks. 

• Oh Yeah! 2
4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

My bloody consumption has skyrocketed with all these 11 and noon kicks. 

Yep. Can’t do bloodys after about 1pm but we’ve had a lot of 10am (mountain time) and 11am kicks. I didn’t like them at first (the early kickoff times, not the bloodys :lol:) but I don’t mind them now.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
36 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah.

Should be a good time but I wish it was kicking off a little later.  11am games that end up being a blowout are not much fun.

Are you already sick of hearing boomer sooner? :lol:  If you're lucky they’ll roll the schooner while you’re there.  I’ve never been inside that stadium but have been up close on the outside. The endzone seating seemed to be really steep. 

14 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Is anyone actually going to the game?!?!??  

Gonna be there with the wife.  I don't know.  Am excited still but not as for some reason.  It's been a weird week in Huskerland.  

At this point wherever I am it would be really really cool if we came out and actually played well and got the W.  Thinking it would go a loong ways even against an unranked Illinois.

I'll be there. Never been to Champaign before so not sure what to expect. 

• Fire 1

So, the kickoff is now 12:20?

Also, Champaign is a blast!

The bars open early for the Greek houses that rent them out and then they open to the public.  Joe's Pub is a great time.

Hit up the Grange Grove, in front of the stadium, it is just a huge tailgate area.  Something NU could never pull off because the space is just so different around the stadium.  

• Thanks 1