What did we learn? Illinois Edition

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

Lubick and Frost are smoking crack if they think Wyatt Liewer, Levi, Falck, and Brody belt should play. What kind of moron would sit Betts & Nixon for 3 slow walk-ons. JFC. 

This kind of stuff has been really concerning, agreed.

I know Scott has been vocal about his "if you don't block, you don't get the rock" policy. So I don't know if the deal is that they're not doing as much in practice with run blocking or what.

But I agree.

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, Undone said:

This kind of stuff has been really concerning, agreed.

I know Scott has been vocal about his "if you don't block, you don't get the rock" policy. So I don't know if the deal is that they're not doing as much in practice with run blocking or what.

But I agree.

And Betts would’ve made that catch that Liewer couldn’t pull down. 

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

I'm still more concerned with the first sentence. How can you lose half of your offensive game plan when the opposing defense shows up in a formation your game plan is obliged to consider?

And isn't a dual threat quarterback and Scott Frosts offensive philosophy all about making the defense uncomfortable?  One of the worst defenses in the Big 10? 

Apparently one coach is playing chess while the other is playing Chutes & Ladders.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm still more concerned with the first sentence. How can you lose half of your offensive game plan when the opposing defense shows up in a formation your game plan is obliged to consider?

This is seriously hilarious because it actually lines up with this satire website that somebody had gotten going prior to the game itself. Read the paragraph about Illinois:

http://bigredfury.com/

6 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I go there for work every once in a while.  I will say it has gotten a lot nicer over the years.  I'll still give people a hard time tho lol.  

It has a ways to go to improve.  Parts of the cities have been revitalized, other parts have not.  At least the river doesn't start on fire anymore.

• Plus1 1