Fordham Week Pressers

Cdog923

25 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I get it, but...  It just seems to me like many, suprisingly, have given up hope and written off the season and HCSF's tenure already.  I didn't get that general feeling from fans prior to the season that playing IL was a make or break thing.   It seemed that many (on HB) were predicting at least 6 wins and this may be the season that we see how our improvements in size/physicality and experience get us to a bowl and make us more competitive in the West.  And then we loose the first game, albeit in a familiar frustrating fashion.  Now apparently we're done, Coach should be fired, we don't stand a chance against any good team,......

What happens if we win convincingly (as we should) the next two and then play competitively vs. OU?  Are we still doomed?  Or are we back to pre-season optimism?

If we do only manage to eek out a win Saturday and the following week and then get curb-stomped by OU, then yes the outlook is definitely bleak.

If we roll the next two and are truly competitive/competent against OU, I will be the most Kool-Aid drunk SOB on this board. Promise.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

If we roll the next two and are truly competitive/competent against OU, I will be the most Kool-Aid drunk SOB on this board. Promise.

I will be absolutely floored if we somehow keep the OU game within 5 TDs.  The spread was 19 earlier today and I am already looking for someone to take my money.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

I get it, but...  It just seems to me like many, suprisingly, have given up hope and written off the season and HCSF's tenure already.  I didn't get that general feeling from fans prior to the season that playing IL was a make or break thing.   It seemed that many (on HB) were predicting at least 6 wins and this may be the season that we see how our improvements in size/physicality and experience get us to a bowl and make us more competitive in the West.  And then we loose the first game, albeit in a familiar frustrating fashion.  Now apparently we're done, Coach should be fired, we don't stand a chance against any good team,......

What happens if we win convincingly (as we should) the next two and then play competitively vs. OU?  Are we still doomed?  Or are we back to pre-season optimism?

If we do only manage to eek out a win Saturday and the following week and then get curb-stomped by OU, then yes the outlook is definitely bleak.

What you said may all be true, but myself(and there were a few others) have seen and had been pointing out the cracks in the wall since year 1.  Maybe many are finally realizing/accepting those things now:dunno

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

As the World Turns. 

Scott must have missed those meetings.  Matt Lubick will be a massive upgrade as interim, if that tells you anything. 

12 hours ago, lo country said:

As each day passes, it would appear that there are some issues going on within the walls of the stadium that are starting to come to light.....

Betts sitting for poor practice habits- Wouldn't/shouldn't this have come up during his recruiting

Lubick saying they had a plan if they came out in an even front

Frost being "late" to practice

Someone leaking the analyst practice to the press

Maybe, just maybe the culture problem is Frost........

Ding ding ding, tell him what he has won!

download.gif

11 hours ago, junior4949 said:

After reading what Lubick said, does anyone think there's a chance Frost is just playing with the media right now?  If one really thinks about it, both could be right.  Let's say they had two play sheets.  One was for an odd front and one was for an even front.  Frost was exactly right that 50% of the play sheets got thrown out the window when Illinois came out in an even front.  

The problem is that Frost was using this as an excuse for the poor performance.  If either one is anticipated, then why not be fully prepared for both?

7 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Ha! When the heck has Nebraska gotten this? As far as I can tell we aren't going to have this anytime in the near future either.

Iowa has not played OSU since 2017 which they lost 54-24 (they play them in 2022).  Meanwhile we have played OSU in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and will finally get a break from playing them in 2022 and 2023 which will line up perfectly with our new HC coming in and not getting blown out by OSU right out of the gate.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, beastieboat said:

Watching the Illini game, our players over-celebrate every play. Why are we celebrating every tackle vs Illinois? It’s not a championship game, it’s a battle of cellar dwellers. Kind of embarrassing… 

I didn't see that.  I saw them celebrating nice plays.  Especially in the 1st half.  Maybe one time I think it was maybe Daniels that got a little too excited after making a tackle on what was a 4 yard tackle.  It was also the 1st game and the 1st people they got to hit and tackle that weren't on the same team.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Really?  You didn't hear one thousand times that this was a "must win" game for Frost?  Where were you?

Oh I heard it several times from people who’s opinions don’t matter to the athletic department.  Did Trev say this?  Chancellor Green?   I don’t believe they did. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Oh I heard it several times from people who’s opinions don’t matter to the athletic department.  Did Trev say this?  Chancellor Green?   I don’t believe they did. 

They're not going to say that,  that's just silly.  This team needed a hot start and to beat teams they were favored to beat in order to make a bowl. Frost absolutely needs a bowl this year, can't have 4 straight years of losing seasons. Therefore this game was make or break to both the season (most likely) and to Frost's tenure overall.  He himself keeps talking about needing to string wins together and these first 3 are the easiest part of the season by far. 

• Fire 1